Poop in the hide

Syngyne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, I finally got around to putting the coconut shell in my G.aureo's enclosure, and she's taken to it pretty well. Unfortunately, one of the first things she did is poop inside it. >_<

How do you deal with this when it happens? My girl's a bit skittish, so whenever I open the cage she moves towards her hide. She parked in front of it when I tried to clean, so I gently nudged her with my forceps, earning me a threat display and a couple of nips at the forceps. Understandable, but how do I go about avoiding this? I don't like getting her in a mood and stressing her out, but I don't want the poop sitting in her hide and attracting mites.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I never clean my Ts poop unless its on the glass, disrupts visual purposes, and nothing bad has every happened.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, I finally got around to putting the coconut shell in my G.aureo's enclosure, and she's taken to it pretty well. Unfortunately, one of the first things she did is poop inside it. >_<

How do you deal with this when it happens? My girl's a bit skittish, so whenever I open the cage she moves towards her hide. She parked in front of it when I tried to clean, so I gently nudged her with my forceps, earning me a threat display and a couple of nips at the forceps. Understandable, but how do I go about avoiding this? I don't like getting her in a mood and stressing her out, but I don't want the poop sitting in her hide and attracting mites.
i would say do it when tarantulas are usually most active... so between 8pm - and 6 am is my best guess

KaineSoulblade

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't clean out feces and never had a mite problem. Just leave it be untill your time comes that you change out the substrate. It really isn't going to harm anything.