• The Review forums are closed to new reviews.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews.

Information on how to use our new Reviews section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Ponds and Plants, Spring City, TN

EightLeggedFrea

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I came across this Ma & Pa pet store in a rather remote location, somewhere near Spring City. I've only been there 3 times (to pick up supplies), but I wouldn't recommend much business with them. This place isn't all that new to me, but I feel as though I should share my latest finding:

Nothing really special here. As far as quality goes they are standard pet store fodder; they keep their stock in terrible conditions - keeping Ts on dry wood chips (they even had a dwarf pyxie frog on this crap), improper diets (a sticky on an enclosure with blue-tongued skinks in it read "no crickets, just dog food sprinkled with Rep-Cal"), they once had a large cage full of baby leopard geckos, some of which are very skinny and clearly dead, they once had a big, beautiful albino Pacman frog in a semi-aquatic set-up with pea gravel in it (it was nowhere in sight last I was there, such a pity since it was such a beautiful creature and likely would've bought it had it not been in bad living conditions), and a poor little Axolotl in a medium-sized KK filled a 1/3 of the way with mossy water.

Some of the stock they have is also dangerous. I don't know of they are actually planning on selling them (I couldn't find a price tag), but somewhere in the back area (an accessible area apart from what appeared to be the actual shop but seemingly open to customers) I saw a large, partially-filled aquarium with two (maybe more) baby snapping turtles. And that's not all-not far from there they had a HUGE stock tank with two juvenile CROCODILIANS of some sort (first time I've seen those in any pet shop in TN)! They were both around 4 feet long and I couldn't tell if they were juvenile alligators or sub-adult caimans, but either way I wouldn't want them!

On the upside, they do have a beautiful facility and some pretty big and impressive (though maybe overstocked) fish tanks with big plecos, a giant gourami, cichlids of different kinds, and at one time a pacu in them.