Polymorph isn't interested in his food.?

Ted

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
its been a few weeks since he was caught..but seems to be more scared of the cricket than anything.

got any ideas why it wont eat it?
do i need smaller crickets?
thanks guys!

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i prekill or headmangle just about all my roaches when i feed them out

i've found centipedes are actually sissies, usually

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i prekill or headmangle just about all my roaches when i feed them out

i've found centipedes are actually sissies, usually
yeah, that is so true{D them looking big/bad and all then you drop in something that freaks them out they going running,yeah prekilled crix or even small mealworms also.

Ted

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thank you guys..i will do that.
didnt know they were such wimps.{D

ornata

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thank you guys..i will do that.
didnt know they were such wimps.{D
yes they seem to bee "wimps" sometimes, specially compared to tarantulas, who usually faces a treath(depends on the species)

But in nature it is often smarter to run then fight;)

Canfire

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How wimpy is a subspinipes? I hope they lives up to the reputation I've heard about them.

ChineseDragon

Arachnopeon
How wimpy is a subspinipes? I hope they lives up to the reputation I've heard about them.
My 3 inch S. subspinipes Tiger legs takes down crix half its body length(not counting terminals etc.). Some people say prey this size could be dangerous because it could bite back and possibly injure the pede but this way I "teach" it not to be a wimp lol.

It's one of those that as soon as something hits the floor will go berzerk and it'll always kill the prey even if it isn't hungry.

~mark
Chinese Dragon

Ted

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yes they seem to bee "wimps" sometimes, specially compared to tarantulas, who usually faces a treath(depends on the species)

But in nature it is often smarter to run then fight;)
agreed.
it could be the enclosure too.
maybe it feels intimidated..am thinking of putting it in a larger container.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Make sure he has a good place to hide, and that you're not moving his hide three times a day to look at him. Typical noob mistake I was guilty of many times. Pedes stress rather easily, and without proper conditions, they will go off feed for weeks or months at a time. A happy pede is one you almost never see. They spend 95% of their time hiding in the wild, expect them to do the same in your care. ;)

I would leave him absolutely alone, no poking, playing, or moving his cage hides around (keep adding appropriate water of course). Give him another week and try again... try again once a week after that. If he has access to water, he can go for weeks without food. I once had an adult Subspinipes (11" long) go for5.5 months without eating... and that was WITH a proper hide! :)

Ted

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Make sure he has a good place to hide, and that you're not moving his hide three times a day to look at him. Typical noob mistake I was guilty of many times. Pedes stress rather easily, and without proper conditions, they will go off feed for weeks or months at a time. A happy pede is one you almost never see. They spend 95% of their time hiding in the wild, expect them to do the same in your care. ;)

I would leave him absolutely alone, no poking, playing, or moving his cage hides around (keep adding appropriate water of course). Give him another week and try again... try again once a week after that. If he has access to water, he can go for weeks without food. I once had an adult Subspinipes (11" long) go for5.5 months without eating... and that was WITH a proper hide! :)
much appreciated, and some fantastic advice!
am going to use everything mentioned in this thread.
i did mash up some crickets lat night..and some of them seem to be gone.
i will let it be for now..and see how it goes!:clap:
thanks all!