Polydesmids Under UV light- Video

Bugs In Cyberspace

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Apheloria virginiensis under UV light.

In case the video doesn't show, here's the link (can anybody tell me how to do this? I press the YouTube button on the posting window and include either the youtube link or even the embed option link between the tags and neither ever seems to work on this forum.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_ElOqcuAtI

[YOUTUBE]<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/e_ElOqcuAtI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/YOUTUBE]

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
wow,they look really awesome under uv,very interesting polys.thanks for sharing:)

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Awesome stuff. Is this our largest native poly:? Cant' wait to read the IV mag. account of "cracking the code". Would be a great communal if we could get multiple generations & not the usual die-off.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Just the stuff after the "=" sign;)

[YOUTUBE]e_ElOqcuAtI[/YOUTUBE]

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That is so awesome! I love the colorss. You sir have a new subscriber :D

Bugs In Cyberspace

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks for the show of shared enthusiasm! I was really disappointed in the die-off ratio after collecting so many Harpaphe haydeniana last fall, but Apheloria tigana (formerly made available to the hobby by the late Perry Adkison) fare much better in captivity and I'm hoping these Apheloria do as well.

I had the pleasure of previewing Orin McMonigle's article in this quarter's Invertebrates Magazine. Aside from being written by the most enthusiastic and experienced keeper of US polydesmids in the history of the hobby, it is just the most current thing out there. If anybody isn't a subscriber, I highly recommend the magazine as a way of supporting the US hobby. Orin's been publishing the magazine for over a decade as a labor of love. Aside from internet forums and "reptile" shows and the few conferences (ATS) and geographical interest groups (SFBATS, etc.), there isn't much else binding this hobby together. I especially like the magazine because it represents the diversity of arthropods in the hobby through the eyes of volunteer hobbyist-writers.