Polydesmidae ID

Ponerinecat

Arachnobaron
Was doing my thing, lying facedown in the dirt pooting up bugs when I saw these funky looking noodle like millipedes. Collected 20 or so, I'm assuming they can be kept on plant roots and fungal hyphae. Very small, completely subterranean, and blind. Any idea what they are? They're slightly ridged, with numerous little spikes along the edges, and the collection container now smells like seaweed. Not sure if that's from these guys, but it might be significant.

CSC_4266.JPG
CSC_4275.JPG
CSC_4284.JPG

paumotu

Arachnobaron
It looks like a very small Oxidus gracilis, perhaps it could be a juvenile?

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
I would disagree, baby to juvenile O. gracilis are rather stubby from what I've seen, while this specimen looks rather elongate. Not to mention I don't think O. gracilis lacks ocelli.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

paumotu

Arachnobaron
I would disagree, baby to juvenile O. gracilis are rather stubby from what I've seen, while this specimen looks rather elongate. Not to mention I don't think O. gracilis lacks ocelli.

Thanks,

Arthroverts
Good observation, forgot about the lack of ocelli. Maybe a small Macrosternodesmidae?

Ponerinecat

Arachnobaron
Heres another species or two I need an ID on. Found under some rocks near a creek. As before, subterranean and seemingly blind.

CSC_4350.JPG
CSC_4364.JPG
CSC_4377.JPG
CSC_4378.JPG