Poll: Where have you acquired the majority of your tarantulas?

Well?

• Craigslist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Directly from nature (I caught them in the wild)

• Family members

• Friends

• Total voters

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I was thinking about all the different ways that one can acquire tarantulas, and I was curious what the numbers would show on this one.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I started my collection from Jamie's Tarantulas; my last online order (Feb 2015) was from Ken The Bug Guy.
So, it's been a good while since I've gotten a new T. lol
If I should add another T -- I'd probably go with an AB seller.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
You need to change the poll to accept multiple answers I would check the first five off. I'm at 130 and used all those choices fairly equally.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
You need to change the poll to accept multiple answers I would check the first five off. I'm at 130 and used all those choices fairly equally.
The question specifies 'majority' because that's what I wanted to know. If you want to make your own poll with multiple answers, feel free.

TyjTheMighty

Arachnosquire
Well I mostly buy from arachnaboards users that sell at my local expos, I don't buy from people if the person is not an arachnaboards member or if I can't find any kind of reviews (or I find reviews and they're terrible). I definitely plan to expand to more online dealers and other arachnaboards members as my addiction worsens...

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Online, my first purchase was from a member here on the forum.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
I could check off several choices, but most come from two guys who live a couple hours north. They have a website, but don't use it much. They work trade shows. They use facebook and I'm in a chat with them on Whatsapp. I've probably got near 40% of my collection from them. The rest spread out over several people, websites, CL and such.
No brick and mortar because who wants to overpay?

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Had to click other on this one.

I buy from breeders,importers that I know,people here on the boards, sometimes craigslist.. Word of mouth from friends..

volcanopele

Arachnosquire
Most of mine are from a brick and mortar pet store, but most are from a shop that is also the storefront for an online T dealer. Hard to order online because we have such narrow windows when LAG can apply or dealers will even ship. Either it's too cold where the dealer is or it is too hot here.

So only one of my 21 Ts was ordered online. Five of my Ts were bought at a show.

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
Most of my T's are LPS bought. Currently in my collection the exception is T.cyaneolum.

P.metallica, x.immanis, p.pulcher, GBB etc., All from the same LPS. Grabbing some balfouri next month from them.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Most of mines have come from TSS.(The Spider Shop) U.K. Great packaging and you get some great deals. Plenty of variety as well, from slings to breeding pairs. Great customer services.

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
Fear Not Tarantulas

Also maybe gonna try someone else next time, possibly swifts.

boina

Lady of the mites
Most of mine are from one specific large show/expo that happens every 3 months and every European on here knows it (Terraristika in Hamm). It's in driving distance for me and I can find a huge variety of species (and I'm going again next week :D).
In Germany we also have a specific website where a lot of breeders advertise and I ordered from there or from people's own websites and my first few were from the local 'Craigslist' variant.

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Online dealers
Individuals here
Dealers here
Expo's
Local pet stores

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
I've seen two awesome Ts on swifts right now but I just can't pull the trigger ATM. Lol, trying to save some cash...

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
5 from lps
1 from Backwater Reptiles (avoid)
1 from an expo (had nematodes my only t death)
Around 13 from this site. I wouldn't buy anywhere but arachnoboards again.

Jason B

Arachnosquire
When I was new to the hobby I tended to stick to the bigger dealers, but these days I tend to purchase mostly off of sellers on AB