Poll: What's the greatest number of Ts you have owned at the same time?

Well?

• Total voters

Walker253

Arachnobaron
I'm at my highest point now and the numbers continue to grow. I'm going to have to sell a few soon (mostly doubles or higher) to guarantee room for the ones I still wish to acquire. Switching to shoe box plastic containers may allow for bigger numbers as well.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
T's are for me like a bottle of old (and Italian) high priced red wine, a ritual. I've never owned (and I've always refuse to end with too much) 100 or + T's, not even when I was into breeding (mostly for scientific fun, with others, with a lot of slings given for free) before the arachnid ban occurred here in Italy.

45 was my record, and I wasn't even at home for care for those, since I was in the army. But my brother was here (back then we lived together).

Today I have less than 20 T's, including a female S.subspinipes :-s

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Over 175 in my possession at once, not about 122 lots of slings/juvies/dwarfs
If I get viable sacs from the 5 females currently paired I will be at least triple your polls high end.

obie

Arachnosquire
I think out of the 40 or so I had. About 10% of those were freebies and most of those were doubles. B Vagas x3 , G Rosea x2 B albo x3 G pulchraipes x 3. Over half those ended up being female so it worked out when it was time to put them up for sale locally

tAngents

Arachnopeon
Just got my first one yesterday (a Grammostola) and I think it's going to have to be my only one because I had to beg my husband to let me get this one. Kind of a bummer because when I get exotic pets, I like to have at least a couple (which is why I have 4 lizards, and the 4 lizards are why he didn't want me to get a tarantula). I already have my eye on the Aphonopelma chalcodes; I think they're so pretty.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
Just got my first one yesterday (a Grammostola) and I think it's going to have to be my only one because I had to beg my husband to let me get this one. Kind of a bummer because when I get exotic pets, I like to have at least a couple (which is why I have 4 lizards, and the 4 lizards are why he didn't want me to get a tarantula). I already have my eye on the Aphonopelma chalcodes; I think they're so pretty.
Come on now. Stand up, you are woman! You're married, you gotta know the code. It's better to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission. You got the goods, he can't control you. What's up with all these controlling spouses and significant others anyway? That stuff doesn't work.

TomKemp

Arachnoknight
My wife wasn't very excited when I picked up my first one years ago either. Now she hangs out and watches feedings and even sends me pictures at work when certain ones are out of their burrows or doing something unusual. I keep around 80 T's now. Just keep sneaking them in there, haha

tAngents

Arachnopeon
In my hubby's defense, we do have a rather small house and not much room to put more terrariums. He really only objected to me getting my T for all of maybe 20 minutes. I put my foot down and said if we have room for all the computer parts he's been ordering, we can fit a little T in there somewhere! :p I think the main issue is that he's just not into exotic pets and doesn't understand how keeping them is a sort of "hobby". He never warmed up to my geckos either, though he did help me give one of them antibiotics after she got pneumonia (she got overly-stressed after a move but we caught it early and she was fully cured after a week!)

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I guess 240 was my highest. Around 80ish in my personal plus a freshly hatched egg sac.

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
200 or so not counting the many, many numbers of slings from pairings. Right now my t room is busting at the seems with 400 + slings not including the 200 + adults and juvies. The problem is you have ones you want and have more of them to breed or other species to breed.Then suddenly getting interested in a new species and picking up a couple of those too. Sigh it's never ending. But man is it so fun and interesting.

Kayis

Arachnopeon
Currently in the 20ish range. I'm trying to keep my collection to a minimum due to other ongoing projects/hobbies i'm invested in. It's been really hard for me to keep it to a minimum....