Poll: What type of water do you give your Ts?

Well?

• Total voters

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Since '92 I reach the kitchen and fill up a (a bit taller) plastic glass of water. Then I let the water "sleep" at room temperature for 24 hours. Water where water is needed, rinse and repeat. Done.

I'm lucky enough to live in an area where water is still "pure" (seriously you can drink that without issues) without garbage inside, btw.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Oh, of course, my bad. Aside for the Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her). She's a Goddess, therefore screw the wallet! I use for her only Fillico Luxury (Osaka): 195 Euro for a 750 cl. bottle. Everything for my baby :kiss:

:troll:

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
I use distilled water because it doesn't leave ugly water spots. With enough water stains, you can barely see your T after a while. My arachnologist friend is always making fun of me for my "fancy" enclosures. But hey, pretty spiders need pretty homes!

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I use tap water - but run it through a reverse osmosis filter first.

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Tap water right now. I used filtered water when I had a reverse osmosis unit installed at my kitchen sink, and when we move, I'll have one installed again. Since we rent at the moment, that's not an option, and I don't have room to store gallons of water.

If you think 24 hours is long enough to let tap water sit out... I leave you these links from fish keeping sites (people who must consider the condition of their water or else they have dead fish). Most city water has some manner of chloramine added to it, which does NOT evaporate:
Linky One
Linky Two
Linky Three
Linky Four

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
I give mine water from my well and they do great, if I over water the substrate however mold can begin to appear but I just spot clean in those cases.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
My tarantulas get what we drink: distilled or bottled water.

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
I use dechlorinator w/tap water since I have it for other animals, but I don't really think chlorine or anything else in tap water bothers T's. I also used bottles of spring water for a while that had be opened, but left to be wasted from others in the house.