Poll: What type of water do you give your Ts?

Well?

• Total voters

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
While the name "spring water" is a confusing label just like "diet" and "low fat", not all spring waters come from tap water.

Fiji water does come from a natural aquifer, but lately there is some concerning information with problems going on there. I don't know if the problems are true or if it is just politics but I now avoid it.

I have been buying Hydrate which is true spring water, but it is available in gallon jugs at decent prices. It comes from a spring in the Tennessee near the Appalachian mountains. I don't know that it is perfect but YouTube video tests show the PH does match what it says and it doesn't come from tap water.

For me, the big chemical difference between tap water and true spring water is that my Tea pot does not slowly turn green (tarnish) when I use good quality water.

But back to the tarantula world, I think the bigger question on water is what type PH would be best for a tarantula?
I wasn't saying all water labeled spring is tap. But alot of the major brands actually are. I worked at Sprouts farmers market when i was younger and we sold alot of designer waters that were from all kinds of exotic springs. Your store brands claiming spring sources are probably a little less than trustworthy.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I wasn't saying all water labeled spring is tap. But alot of the major brands actually are. I worked at Sprouts farmers market when i was younger and we sold alot of designer waters that were from all kinds of exotic springs. Your store brands claiming spring sources are probably a little less than trustworthy.
I agree. I don't waste money on any store brand or any brand by a major soft drink or food company. At that point you might as well just use the tap water.

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
I agree. I don't waste money on any store brand or any brand by a major soft drink or food company. At that point you might as well just use the tap water.
Oh yeah. Dasani owned by coke comes to mind when you say that. A childhood friend of mines mom was a coke exec. She didnt even drink dasani. :troll:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I believe in providing my Ts only the finest water on the planet. As such I have water that is imported from a far away glacier frozen long before man arrived on the planet thus no pollution. The water is hand carved from pristine blue blocks of ice by virgins. And to be safe, I have the water shipped in as ice, sealed from the atmosphere.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I see a lot you leave the water for 24 hours in order for the chlorine to evaporate. Just out of curiosity, do you drink it directly from the tap yourself?
Nope :angelic:

I'm lucky enough to live in a Lombardy area where water is class (even if now everything seems in full downhill so I can't guarantee for the future) the only reason why I let that water "sleep" for 24H (or more) is because I want to use the water at room temperature, since I take that ice cold :-s

People here drink directly from the tap sometimes. Not me however.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
How about the idea of just bypassing all the filters and housing the tarantula in the Brita unit. This unit was slated for donation and then I started keeping tarantulas.

user 666

Arachnobaron
I supply de-chlorinated water.

I live in northern VA, where the tap water is treated with chemicals which would kill my hermit crabs. That's why I have de-chlorinator handy.

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Are tap water goes threw a filter then I boil it for 10 to 20 minutes let it cool to room temp and store in a milk jug use it as I need it

Walker253

Arachnobaron
I don't live in Flint, Michigan, so my tarantulas get tap water. They used to get bottled, but the collection grew large enough, I switched to tap.

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Tap water that has sat out in a pitcher to dechlorinate for over 24 hours. Cheap and works every bit as good as fancy bottled water.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I am waiting for delivery of a gauge that will give me the humidity level of my water. I will only feed my T's water that is 100% humid.

user 666

Arachnobaron
I am waiting for delivery of a gauge that will give me the humidity level of my water. I will only feed my T's water that is 100% humid.
Have you ever tried dehydrated water?

It's on my to-do list right after buying tanks of oxygen and hydrogen so I can make my own home made artisanal water.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
POWERTHIRST -- IT GIVES THEM GRATUITOUS AMOUNTS OF ENERGYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Socfroggy

Arachnoknight
POWERTHIRST -- IT GIVES THEM GRATUITOUS AMOUNTS OF ENERGYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
What if everything you ever wanted CAME IN A ROCKET CAN?!?!