Poll: what is your favorite type of adult T enclosure?

Well?

• Total voters

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I'm curious what type of enclosures people like the most. They all have pros and cons.

What say you?

user 666

Arachnobaron
Right now I am using HL display cases (basketball size). But I only have a few adult Ts, and they are all still under 5" or so.

My housing situation will likely change once my 2" P cancerides and L parahybana grow up.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
All mine are in KKs with the exception of arboreals.
I am a lazy T keeper, KKs are just easiest and cheapest option for me.
My only criteria is KKs must have a black snap-on slatted/vented tops -- I hate colourful lids that clash with my decor.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Doesn't matter to me. Long as it has nice clear sides and is obviously arboreal or terrestrial accordingly.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
It depends on the species. I mostly keep OW obligate burrowers and glass easily becomes too heavy to deal with. I prefer KK-style enclosures for my "baboons" and GBB. For my Asians, my "Pampho" and other tropical species, I prefer plastic boxes that I can drill ventilation holes in myself. Sure they are not as clear as glass or acrylic enclosures, but it makes having the right humidity so much easier than a KK.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I use almost everything, aside for acrylic stuff.

Talking about juvenile/adults, for arboreals nothing IMO beats the European (mostly made in Germany) glass enclosures: cheap (really cheap), taller, easy to use, always available etc and with the price of one 'fancy' Exo Terra you can buy even four of those.

For obligate burrowers XL and XXL KK are perfectly fine.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
@Venom1080 agree completely, as long as it has a nice clear top so you can see if your T is sitting waiting about to bolt.......

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
It's hard to pick a favorite, as I use most of the different types, It really depends on the T, I do like plastic tubs cause of how well they retain humidity, their cheap cost and convenience. I do still enjoy setting up a few fancy exo-Terra enclosures for my larger arboreals.

I also keep an eye out for any food containers that could be converted in to a nice enclosure, so basically I use everything. I'd say my least favorite are aquarium style enclosures, they aren't great, take a crap ton of sub to fill up and are just super heavy.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
For display Ts, Jamie's enclosures can't be beat. But they're quite expensive. Once they reach full size, I'll be housing all my obligate burrowers in RUBs.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I use a mix of everything from glass Exo Terra enclosures (for my arboreals) and repurposed aquariums to Kritter Keepers and plastic tubs so it's hard to pick a favourite, I most enjoy setting up the arboreal Exo Terra enclosures though.