Poll: What is your favorite NW terrestrial genus?

Well?

• Total voters

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
Ok know I have a whole lot of research and new addititions to my wish list:astonished:

boina

Lady of the mites
I assume most people just don't have them, as the prices I've seen range from $225 to $500. That's a bit much for most people.
WHAT??? I got my sexed female for 100 Euro...
But I'm still going with Pamphs... or Megaphobema... or... how am I supposed to decide??? I want them ALL!

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
WHAT??? I got my sexed female for 100 Euro...
But I'm still going with Pamphs... or Megaphobema... or... how am I supposed to decide??? I want them ALL!
Better get used to it...prices in the US are ridiculous. Except for a few species, Theraphosa sp being one of them, that are cheaper, most prices are double the amount that we pay. ;)

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Anything that legitimately tries to kill me when I enter its den.

Phormictopus, Acanthoscurria, Nhandu...

Paiige

Arachnobaron
I voted Grammostola in the poll because they are my first loves, however I fall more and more in love with my A. genic and my N. tripepii slings every day. There's just something about the way my genic looks at me...like "mom, if I were bigger, I would eat you" and the way my tripepii tackles prey and drags it kicking and screaming down into her burrow...such lovely creatures...:D

boina

Lady of the mites
Better get used to it...prices in the US are ridiculous. Except for a few species, Theraphosa sp being one of them, that are cheaper, most prices are double the amount that we pay. ;)
Well, there's an advantage to living this side of the pond ;)

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I don't feel as though I've kept enough genera to fairly answer this poll, but personality-wise, my foolishly brave Grammostola pulchra is probably my favorite.

I reserve the right to change my mind as my Acanthoscurria geniculata and Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens grow up, and I acquire additional species.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
@cold blood is right, people can tell you all day how cool pamphos are, but you never really understand till you get one.
View attachment 231733
I was mostly done with NW terrestrials and then these guys came up in conversation the other day...I've tried to put it out of my mind but there you go attaching a picture of a beautiful, chunky T and now I've got another tab open and I'm looking through the genus gallery. Thanks. :astonished::shifty::smug:

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I voted Grammostola in the poll because they are my first loves, however I fall more and more in love with my A. genic and my N. tripepii slings every day. There's just something about the way my genic looks at me...like "mom, if I were bigger, I would eat you" and the way my tripepii tackles prey and drags it kicking and screaming down into her burrow...such lovely creatures...:D
If these are the types of things you look for in Ts, you will love a Pampho. And the size gain with each molt is ludicrous. They're so impressive looking in person, too. I don't know why I waited so long to get one.