Poll: What is your favorite NW terrestrial genus?

Well?

• Total voters

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Just curious which genera people like most, and why.

Sorry if I didn't list your favorite, but there are a limited number of poll options. Please choose "other" and tell us about it if that's the case.

cold blood

Staff member
#1- Pamphobeteus...wanna know why..get one!

#2 Nhandu...super fast growing, spectacular eaters at all sizes and they all look pretty darn good to boot.

#3...a tie between Brachypelma (there's just so darn many great ones)

and Thrixopelma. Thrixies are severely under-rated in the American hobby...they get a little more love in England it seem though.
View media item 38395

Aside from ockerti, the genus is a terrestrial one.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
I haven't kept any Grammostola apart from G. pulchra, but that one is enough to cinch it for me.

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
#1 Theraphosa- For their sheer size

#2 Acanthoscurria- Trashcans with eight legs

#3 Brachypelma- Their one of the original hobby classic's

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Pamphobeteus all the way for me with Grammostola close behind.
There's always a special place in my collection for Thrixopelma and I'm lucky enough to have 5 in my collection pruriens, cyaneolum, lagunas and 2x sp cajamarca at every opportunity I'll add more. Below there's my juvenile pamp sp mascara and my adult female also my lagunas and cajamarca female

Attachments

skyvie

Arachnopeon
Not many in the genus ( :troll: ), but my vote is for Chromatopelma. Fairly easy going, lovely colors, out all the time, lots of webbing, and eats very well. Very hard to beat, in my opinion!
A second choice would be Grammostola...at least for this week :rolleyes:

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Its a tough call but I really enjoyed my B Smithi. Don't have one anymore but plan on getting some again.

In the meantime I sure do love my chromatopelmas. I'm up to five now!

Then there is the stirmi I picked up. I fell in love the minute I saw it, but my wife isn't so thrilled.

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
Love my acanthoscurria genic. Always out on display, active and a eating machine
2017-02-15 18.40.07.jpg

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I assume most people just don't have them, as the prices I've seen range from $225 to $500. That's a bit much for most people.
Well, while the 'wallet' is always a personal issue, U.S prices are always amazing. For the wrong reasons :angelic:

cold blood

Staff member
Pffff... 'dull' colors for life: hail to the mighty L.parahybana, immortal hobby classic since forever :-s
Lol.....you just said that to get a reaction from me:troll:

LP=the most boring looking large NW terrestrial in South America.
I assume most people just don't have them, as the prices I've seen range from $225 to $500. That's a bit much for most people.
Agreed, but it doesn't mean they aren't one of the crowned jewels of the hobby. I think its safe to say that there will never be enough Xenesthis in the hobby. Very cost prohibitive indeed.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Lol.....you just said that to get a reaction from me:troll:

LP=the most boring looking large NW terrestrial in South America.
I can't lie, yes :cigar:

But still I love L.parahybana, seriously. But this has to do with the 'famine' of arachnids that happened in Italy due to that ban.

Agreed, but it doesn't mean they aren't one of the crowned jewels of the hobby. I think its safe to say that there will never be enough Xenesthis in the hobby. Very cost prohibitive indeed.
Indeed, class T's, but in all honesty I will take a 'Pamp' or a (rare) genus Megaphobema anyday than those. Here the prices of that genus are high (compared to other T's in general) but not even near those crazy ones :-s

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
I'd have to go with Pamphobeteus as well. I don't have a great deal of experience with the others though