Poll: What is the most you've ever spent on a single tarantula? (Price only, not shipping)

Well?

• Total voters

volcanopele

Arachnosquire
I did pay $275 for my Poecilotheria miranda MF, but I did buy it locally so at least there was no shipping.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
E.campestratus young female 35€
T.violaceus young female 35€
E.cyanognathus juvenile female 25€

Paiige

Arachnobaron
$50 is my limit, though the Pampho I want is going to more than double it...:arghh:
$50 for my B. boehmei (she was originally $100 but was half-dead due to poor care so I talked them down), $50 for a juvie GBB, $50 for a 1" G. pulchra sling.

Kayis

Arachnopeon
Currently my G. iheringi takes the top @82$. I don't see her keeping that spot for long. :banghead:

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
$175 for my female E. Sp. Red. I would not hesitate to spend more for a rare species

boina

Lady of the mites
100 Euro (a little more than 100 $) is my definite limit. I spent that much on female juveniles/subadults 1 each:

X. immanis
D. diamantinensis
P. antinous

I circumvented that rule and bought two 2i slings of M. mesomelas for 65 Euro each because I really wanted that species but I didn't want to pay like 200 Euro for a sexed female.... and I got 1.1 out of the slings :smug:

Lucashank

Arachnosquire
The most expensive tarantula I've ordered was a 2.5inch female E. cyanognathus for $49.
The cost of shipping for me generally is $45.
I figure I might need to start buying more expensive (or more at one time) tarantulas in order to make the shipping cost seem more reasonable ;)

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Avicularia versicolor female = $195 (my first ever tarantula purchase - I was struggling to find any of my adult T choices as a first T) I wouldn't pay this now.
E. sp. red female = $125

EDIT* Oops! I meant Caribena versicolor :)

Last edited:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Imma <-- Italian female name, also -- an incredible cheapskate when it comes to T's, to the point that I advocate even cough cough... 'Communism' cough, when it comes to Theraphosidae.

A new 'Koba' should arise and create a brand new 'enthusiasts keepers heaven' called UTPR:
(Union of Theraphosidae and Pauk (паук) Republics) :kiss:

:troll:

Last edited:

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
250 euros for a juvenile 0.1 Poecilotheria metallica. This was many years ago. I sold it and got 450 euros. :D

Edit: 250 euros is about 270 dollars.