Poll: What has been your approximate male to female ratio for unsexed slings?

Well?

• 10% male 90% female

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20% male 80% female

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30% male 70% female

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 40% male 60% female

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • 50% male 50% female

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • 60% male 40% female

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • 70% male 30% female

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • 80% male 20% female

• 90% male 10% female

• Total voters

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Just curious what some of the gender ratios are out there for those of you that play the sling lottery.

If you have a ton of Ts and don't keep track of this, just give us a rough estimate.

There were a limited number of poll responses I could have, so please choose the one that is closest to your ratio.

It goes without saying that rotten produce will be thrown at anyone claiming a 100% female result. ;)

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Of the few that I've raised from slings, 2/3 male (and 5 slings that are still unsexed)

For Craigslist "unsexed" purchases I have two that I don't know yet (got them as a sling and a juvie) - but everything else has turned out male - as did the "suspect female" A. geniculata that I picked up at a show last year.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I have only raised two tarantulas from slings to adults thus far. One was a male, and the other is still unsexed, because it always chews up the molt so badly that I can't tell what's what. So, as of now, 1/1 have been male. Hopefully some folks with a bit more info than I have can chime in.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Huh. 24 hours later, and there are only 3 votes other than mine. Not sure why voting is so low on this poll compared to the other polls. Is it that many of you don't bother keeping unsexed slings? Do I smell funny? What? :bucktooth:

Leila

Arachnobaron
I will (hopefully) be able to partake in this poll in a month to two months. :cat: If Zoe (B. albo "Nicaraguan") has a successful sac, I plan on keeping atleast 10 myself. It will/could be my first sling-keeping experience.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I like your style, nicodimus22. You are the man of 'Polls': something that will always help, mark my words, when it comes to kidnapping people for perform some sort of 'Saw' movie game. High Five.

:troll:

Leila

Arachnobaron
Btw, I love your polls. :) Great conversation starters. Keep doing it. From what I can tell, others enjoy them as well ;)

Leila

Arachnobaron
I like your style, nicodimus22. You are the man of 'Polls': something that will always help, mark my words, when it comes to kidnapping people for perform some sort of 'Saw' movie game. High Five.

:troll:
We posted at the same time! Lol! (See @nicodimus22: I told ya others enjoy your poll posts :embarrassed:)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
We posted at the same time! Lol!
It's because I'm protected and perpetual blessed by the Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her) just like a Pact with Gwynevere of Dark Souls. It's like, basically, having 99 of stats everywhere u_u

Also Peanut granted me a bit of her 'magic touch' that not even Moakmeister but Pssht! don't tell that to him my friend, it's a secret :)

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
A lot of mine are either too small to sex accurately or haven't given me a sex-able moult so far, I currently have 1 confirmed female, 4 suspect females, 2 suspect males and four that I have no idea on either way.

On a somewhat similar note, if my P. cancerides is female then I'll be 100% (3/3) for unsexed juveniles purchased. **Ducks**

Leila

Arachnobaron
It's because I'm protected and perpetual blessed by the Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her) just like a Pact with Gwynevere of Dark Souls. It's like, basically, having 99 of stats everywhere u_u

Also Peanut granted me a bit of her 'magic touch' that not even Moakmeister but Pssht! don't tell that to him my friend, it's a secret :)
You should have tagged @Moakmeister. But I did it for ya. Darn, I just told on you, Chris. Lol ;):embarrassed: (sorry..but I am missing my buddy, Moak!)

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
i just have bad luck... the freebies and the cheap ones are always female, but not my P metallica or T stirmi..

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Just curious what some of the gender ratios are out there for those of you that play the sling lottery.
All of mine were unsexed when I got them (1 adult, 1 juvenile, and varying degrees of sling). Here are my results so far:
  • 4/7 (57.1%): female (sexed by molt)
  • 1/7 (14.3%): male (ventrally sexed)
  • 2/7 (28.6%): TBD

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I tend to buy slings occasionally
My luck has been relatively good as far as female's goes. I have a network of friends I sell and trade with, and they usually have female's for my males when they mature so it doesn't really matter to me much either way. I enjoy growing quicker growing species from slings.