Poll: Have you ever received a tarantula as a gift?

Well?

• Total voters

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
To clarify, I'm talking about a gift from a friend, family member, or significant other, NOT "Yeah a breeder I've never met threw a freebie sling in my shipping box."

I have not, but that could always change.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
yup, relatives know thats the only thing they can buy me that id really like.
parents bought me my first Poecilotheria, and my A aurantiaca.

Last edited:

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My mother gave me A. geniculata at christmas. Too bad he turned out to be male!

basin79

ArachnoGod
I have but indirectly. I chose to buy my gorgeous Caribena Versicolor with the money my mum gave me for xmas.

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
I won't poll because I'm not sure if mine counts....

I got a gift card to a local reptile store that sells Ts from an uncle. He said he was going to by me a tarantula, but didn't know there "were so many kinds" and he didn't know what to get me, so he got me the gift card.

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
I met a woman on here near the time I had made my account. It was hard times for me and I had recently lost a G. pulchripes and as a pay it forward she sent me the money to get one from jamiestarantulas, which is the one I currently have :).

On my gf's fb a random guy messaged her asking if she'd be interested in his porteri because his apartment wouldn't allow it...so we got an adult female with full set up for free lol.

Last edited:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Does perfect strangers that you don't even know (I'm not joking, ah ah) that gives to you T's for free (enclosures included) counts, belonging in the "yes, from someone else" ? :)

boina

Lady of the mites
An old friend of mine asked what I wanted for my birthday last year - I told him I wanted a M. mesomelas, but they were so expensive, so he gave me the money for one of my two slings and I bought the other one with my own money. Now which one is from him, the 0.1 or the 1.0 :p?

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
girlfriend once bought me...
M. balfouri
C. Sp. electric blue

Mother once bought me...
OBT

Paiige

Arachnobaron
I bought myself a T as an early Xmas present, does that count? :D Maybe someday.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Lol, everyone knows I like t's, but no one gets them for me. All I end up receiving are Legos (which I give to my sister) and cash (because they don't know what else to get me).

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Lol, everyone knows I like t's, but no one gets them for me. All I end up receiving are Legos (which I give to my sister) and cash (because they don't know what else to get me).
I was like 'legos?' But then I remembered you're 14..man, you come off as an adult, you know that? :)

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
"What do you want for your birthday/Christmas?"

"Just give me money to buy spiders."

If that counts, then I've gotten plenty as gifts :smug:

cold blood

Staff member
yeah same thing....everyone knows im into ts and fishing...never got a t and never will. i never get fishing stuff either, even though its always #1 on every list....crazy.:sorry:

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I got into this hobby because i was given a 6" Lp as a gag gift from my cousin. I was terrified of all spiders at the time and thought g rosea was the only tarantula that existed haha.

I nearly screamed when i opened my eyes and saw that giant thing

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
I love that you started this thread Nico!
Why? Because it gives me an excuse to show off my magic skills!
What skills, you ask?

The skill to make people turn yellow of jealousy! :D

In December, I ordered my first T, an A. geniculata.
In January, I wrongly received an adorable G. pulchra instead. Since it was the breeders mistake, he gifted the little buggo to me.
So in the end, my first T ever was a gifted G. pulchra. :p

Now, look at all the yellow faces! :rolleyes:

Leila

Arachnobaron
I freakin' WISH!! I want another T so badly, especially after the bummer with that egg sac; but it'd be foolish of me to spend any money on a gorgeous spider right now :(