Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Poll: Have you ever had a tarantula escape in your house/apartment?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by nicodimus22, Apr 4, 2017.

Well?

1. Yes, a whole bunch of times.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, a few times.

11.3%
  3. Yes, but only once.

21.7%
  4. No. So far, so good.

67.0%
  1. Leila

Leila Arachnobaron

Advertisement
    I am on my phone. No computer in my house. :( Maybe I cannot see the link due to being on my phone? Either way: pwwwweeeeaaase post a link for me here? :shy:

2. Bugmom

Bugmom Arachnolord

It's a crappy cell phone video, but here ya go

• Love Love x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  3. Moakmeister

Moakmeister Arachnobaron

Why did you guys still take showers in that bathroom? I would've declared that bathtub off limits until we got him out. You did say that bathroom was rarely used.

4. Have you ever shared a bathroom with a teenager?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Moakmeister

Moakmeister Arachnobaron

I'v shared a bathroom with two teenagers while I was a teenager.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. When I got my first two T's, my B.albo sling escaped for a week or so. I thought it was burrowed in and after a few days of nothing in the enclosure I moved his hide and he wasn't there. About a week later I found him on the other side of the house wondering the floors, looking very plump lol I believe he ate something on his journey.
    And just recently my new G.porteri bolted out of the enclosure on to the floor and up the wall.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Vezon

Vezon Arachnopeon

USA
    I had my A. metallica escape twice and a T. gigas escape once. I found the A. metallica between some books on the bookshelf one time, and my mom found it in the laundry basket the other time. I found the T. gigas behind the chest of drawers.

• Like Like x 1
  8. LuiziBee

LuiziBee Arachnobaron

I had one actual escape about 7 or 8 years ago. AF G. porteri with a makeshift temporary lid. I found her across the house crawling through clothes in the laundry room. Otherwise, closest I've had since then was an MM balfouri went on a tour of my T room a couple of weeks ago. I knew where he was, but came close to losing him a few times as he bolted around the walls and stridulated at me. hahahahhaha
    I do think, however, if I get more successful sacs going, especially with OW arboreals or baboons, I'll probably end up with a handful of loose slings. Seems to happen to a lot of people when trying to gather them.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  9. Moakmeister

Moakmeister Arachnobaron

You found her climbing through clothes in the laundry room? Can i just say that's the cutest thing ive ever heard

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. MrTwister

MrTwister Arachnoknight

None yet, but I need to keep a close eye on my L.P. Spent a considerable amonunt of time last night poking its little feet out of ventilation holes and giving them some fang action.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. nicodimus22

nicodimus22 Arachnomancer Arachnosupporter

My B. emilia lives to poke its legs out of ventilation holes.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Bugmom

Bugmom Arachnolord

Did you even read the thread? Like, the whole thread?

Besides, I had 3 or 4 darlingi that were given to me for free at the time. If I lost one, oh well, crappy luck, but I wasn't out anything.

13. TomKemp

TomKemp Arachnoknight

When I first started keeping T's, I lost a tiny E. Campestratus sling. It was the first time I had ever ordered or kept slings from an online dealer. So with not knowing much, I drilled the holes in the vial just a little bit too big and the next morning it was gone. Never to be seen again.

• Sad Sad x 1
  14. Tia B

Tia B Arachnopigeon

No tarantula escapes, but I did have a a wolf spider escape. It was an adult female with an egg sac in tow too :eek: . I opened her cage and she practically teleported. I spent a good couple hours looking for her, and catching her was difficult because I had to be careful not to injure her or the eggsac, and they get a little more aggressive when they're defending their babies. I was pretty frantic because I knew that her egg sac was due to hatch at any time (ended up hatching three days later). I found her squishing herself into a very tight corner in the darkest part of the room. She teleported a few more times before I managed to catch her.

15. Anoplogaster

Anoplogaster Arachnodemon Active Member

My cat released my GBB a couple weeks ago. She pulled out one of the vents on his enclosure, and he escaped. Found him after about an hour. The trick? Pay close attention to the area the cat seems to be hanging around..... lol!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Lokee85

Lokee85 Arachnoknight Active Member

I haven't had any escapes so far, but have caught myself being careless a couple of times and forgetting to latch one of my enclosures completely. Each time, when I noticed, I checked for my T and she was still there. Good thing it's my pet hole B albo and she rarely comes out much less climbs to the lid.

I have learned to be more careful from this, however, and I make extra sure each enclosure is fully closed when I am done. I do not want to lose one of my babies due to my own negligence.

17. pyro fiend

pyro fiend Arachnoprince

never had a T escape.. we have had 20ft snakes get loose in the shop because somone forgot to lock a lid, and iv had rats chew thru the rack lol.. but never a T im always double checking my latches when i kept them :)

18. miss moxie

miss moxie Arachnoprince

I've never had a T get out while I wasn't there. Have I had Ts bolt? Yup, but I've always managed to get them back into their enclosure within a few minutes.

19. Lokee85

Lokee85 Arachnoknight Active Member

My sister had a 4ft python escape and roam free in her house for about 3 weeks before she found the snake... In the cage of her Quaker parrot.... With no bird and a FAT belly.

• Sad Sad x 1
  20. Goopyguy56

Goopyguy56 Arachnobaron

My first T ever escaped (g
    Porteri). Drunken roomate didn't put the lid on right. Was gone for a few days. I was scared the cats would kill it but i was putting my shoes in the closet and noticed some hairy legs poking out of my roomates shoe. I just brushed it onto my hand and put him back.

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.