Poll: Do you name your Ts?

Well?

• Total voters

Gman32176

Arachnopeon
Got two names picked out for my G. pulchripes sling, which was my frist T, after I find out the gender. Athena for female, Ares for a male. Just based on size, lets hope it doesn't fit the personality. I also named my second T; Hera. An adult female OBT (profile pic) I picked up at a lps. Doubt I'll name the others, but its possible.

Skycat

Arachnopeon
I am already getting some ideas. I want one named Captain Tim (but not something with the same temperament as that character!), and also I just now thought of Rocky Horror for a "pet rock" rosie.

mistertim

Arachnobaron
I am already getting some ideas. I want one named Captain Tim (but not something with the same temperament as that character!), and also I just now thought of Rocky Horror for a "pet rock" rosie.
:cigar::shifty:

MeAndMyRosie

Arachnopeon
I only have 5 T's and all of them are named after God's and Goddesses
My Euathlus sp red is guessed a male and named Apollo
Brazilian black is confirmed female named Venus
B smithi is female named Athena
GBB is female named Pandora
Avicularia avic is female named Juno

Not everyone gets into naming their T's, but I would definitely agree that when you have more than a hand full it probably easier just calling them by their Latin names.

tAngents

Arachnopeon
I always put a lot of thought into naming my pets. Just got my first tarantula (a G. "Northern type") yesterday and almost immediately named it Nope because I'm a person trying to overcome my arachnophobia.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I always put a lot of thought into naming my pets. Just got my first tarantula (a G. "Northern type") yesterday and almost immediately named Nope because I'm a person trying to overcome my arachnophobia.
I laughed when reading this.
I pictured a pic of a spider on facebook or something, and the comments going like: 'nope nope nope', and your reply being 'hey!stop calling my T'. ...

Alright, it was funnier in my head.
:D

Trenor

Arachnoprince
If they do something that causes them to be named they get one. Otherwise they get a number. Like Crazy legs came to me molted in the shipping vial with it's legs sticking out crazy. he moved around very oddly for a few molts so the name stuck. Then there is Roy, who is the size of a tick. He finally burrowed after weeks of just sitting on the sub or wall out in the open doing nothing. There are a few others with names but most of mine are not named.

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
So yesterday i changed my mind on naming as my friend forced themselves to name some. But my only rule was that it was a name from the simpsons. So they went and randomized tons of names.

Tarantulas shall only be named after Simpsons charachters