Poll: Do you lock your T enclosures (or T room if you have one?)

Well?

• Yes

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 41 87.2%

• Total voters

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Can I ask which T is "Mr. Skinnylegs?"
Also, just so you know, "attic" if you mean the upper storage room in your house :D
Thank you! My spellchecker gave both attic and addic as possible options.
All the spiders are 'mr skinnylegs'. Including every one she sees outside. We have Peppa Pig to thank for that :D

Alana

Arachnopeon
I am blessed with 3 young boys (5, 8 and 11) and 2 very inquisitive dogs, so everything gets locked in this house unless it's completely out of reach. It's just not worth the risk for me.

Kayis

Arachnopeon
Nothing gets locked. No children just a ton of herps, a dog and a cat.

volcanopele

Arachnosquire
I don't because I have no kids. However, my fiancee and I have discussed having children in the next year or so. That has got me thinking about how to secure my spiders. They currently reside in our "Arizona room"/my home office, basically an addition to the house that used to be the back porch. There really isn't a way to lock the room off from children.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Not my T enclosures. The only enclosure I locked was the large acrylic enclosure I had several years ago where the deli cups with my Latrodectus mactans, Latrodectus geometricus and Latrodectus tredecimguttatus were kept.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
Exo's have locks, but otherwise, nope. Nobody in my house except me even cares enough to even pay attention. I always hope if someone breaks in, they are fascinated and want to touch that pretty orange tarantula.

Last edited:

creepa

Arachnoknight
Nope..., my 5yo son is an angel. (thank god)
He is interested in the spiders but only looks, and helps feeding if i ask him.

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't have a dedicated room, and I don't lock any of the enclosures, other than to make sure any built in latches are in place. My kids are all old enough to know not to mess with anything, nor do they have any interest in doing anything more than looking at the spiders.