Pokis amd water bowls

Spiderdan24

Arachnopeon
Do u need a water bowl in a pokis set up as it will b very hard to fill up. Wud keeping the substrate wet be enough?

Last edited:

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What would make it any harder than other T's bowls?

I have one in mine and don't find it harder in anyway unless you've gone and made it harder on yourself by mounting/placing it somewhere you can't get to -or- the Pokie has drug it into it's hide :)

Spiderdan24

Arachnopeon
Iv made a set up in a sweet jar and got abit of substrate and sum corkbark in ther, the water bowl wud b crammed in a corner at the bottom and slightly hard to get to. Guess il just suck it and see :)

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Iv made a set up in a sweet jar and got abit of substrate and sum corkbark in ther, the water bowl wud b crammed in a corner at the bottom and slightly hard to get to. Guess il just suck it and see :)
OK more info, always good :)

My pokie is nearly 6" so I have plenty of space in her enclosure now which I didn't know, you didn't have, a few mins ago.

Until I house this girl into something bigger, say a 4x6 cube or larger I didn't use a water dish/bowl or anything. I kept the substrate a bit damn, not soggy, and spritz the inside of the container or the top portion of the crafting cube every other day (again, not much just enough to bead the water) and my girl never had an issue getting to the size she is now.

After they are about 1.5-2" it's easier since the container your most likely using is bigger (lets hope) so go dish at that time and save your worries till then! :)

Spiderdan24

Arachnopeon
Mine molted about a week ago and is around 2 n half to 3 inch leg span now. Sweet jars 12 inch tall and 6 by 6 wide. Its my 1st pokie so im still learning :)

Anansis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I usually hot glue a plastic water bowl about half way up the container. Then I can empty it and fill it with a turkey baster.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Just use a bottlecap or something that'll fit in nicely. Invest in a pair of long tweezers/hemostat/tongs (you'll find these extremely useful for other things too) and use them to pull it out when you need to refill/clean it. If your pokie is anything like mine, it will get dirty. He poos and drops boluses in it, among other things.

Spiderdan24

Arachnopeon
Yer i think il use a bottle cap in the bottom and see how that goes. Il atempt the rehousing tomoro :) aint lookin forword to that lol any tips on rehousing these fast beautys. Its a p rufliata by the way.

Anansis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I use hot glue since it doesn't release a lot of fumes and hardens quickly. I can use the container again very soon after.

If the waterbowl is higher up the side of the container, it tends to stay cleaner than one that is on the substrate.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Yer i think il use a bottle cap in the bottom and see how that goes. Il atempt the rehousing tomoro :) aint lookin forword to that lol any tips on rehousing these fast beautys. Its a p rufliata by the way.
I've been rehousing my fast arboreals (and even some old world terrestrials), using a platic bag over the old enclosure. Here's a more detailed post about it.
It will work nicely with the dimensions of your enclosure if you have the right bag.
Haven't had an issue with it yet, and it's quick and safe for both involved!