Pokie won't go out of speaker

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Part two of the thread "Escaped Pokie"

We spotted it within the hole that connects the volume behind the woofer to outer air. It's a small speaker, but the problem is that that thing is all glued together. No screw to undo, the only way I could get inside would be to break it apart...and it's my girlfriend's:wall: . No knocking, shaking or else could get my T to go out. Should I blow smoke in? Try some Indian food. She is absolutely reactionless to loud music...waddahellshuddado?:?

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
if the speaker is small enuff put it in a bigger container with a lid overnight. but i'm sure you can unscrew the woofer off even tho the enclosure is glued together.

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
wait

Hmm, you might try waiting for her to get hungry and come out and sit near the hole, shes probably thinking its a cozy burrow. Maybe shine a flashlight late at nite, try to see her out, then deli-cup her.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
uh...put it in a larger box, turn the speaker on at looooow volume and sloooowly increase it until it comes out. You won't hurt it unless you turn it up really loud (trust me, i'm well acquainted with speakers and loud stereos and their physiological effects on humans and bugs). Preferably something with good low bass because low frequency sound waves are felt easier than higher frequencies. Now, don't get crazy and keep turning it up and up if it doesn't come out...it may in fact just cower in a corner rather than try to escape the box.

Take the grill off and unscrew the speaker and remove it (which should be interesting depending how much slack is in the wire in the enclosure for removal) carefully. If it's glued on...well...you can try using a blow dryer to heat up the glue to make it softer. Pokies come from India where it's hot as heck (most species...i know there are some from mountainous areas) so a little extra heat for a short bit shouldn't hurt it. might make it more defensive and will definitely allow it to move faster though so be careful.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
well merfolk? did you manage to get it out?

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dismantled the speaker in bathub

Steered my rufi outside in a deli cup. Back in enclosure, glued the speaker back together.

You can come back home, Honey!!!!:D

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good deal, though I admit I was hoping to hear a story about a pokie being blasted out of a blaring speaker.

Cerbera

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ha - good solution. I was gonna suggest putting something truly awful on loop. The spider that can sit through 1000 times round of anything by 'The cheeky girls' should probably be left where it is, and almost certainly doesn't deserve your respect anymore :)

Syngyne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The spider that can sit through 1000 times round of anything by 'The cheeky girls' should probably be left where it is, and almost certainly doesn't deserve your respect anymore :)
I think that would be a violation of the Geneva convention.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
depends...is the spider an "enemy combatant"? ;)

Meaningless End

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i ouwld put the speeker in a 20 galon tank or so and just let it be. set up some new hides for it in there and throw in some crickets.. im sure youll find her posted up on the glass in no time.

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i ouwld put the speeker in a 20 galon tank or so and just let it be. set up some new hides for it in there and throw in some crickets.. im sure youll find her posted up on the glass in no time.
Ummm..... did you only read the first post or what?