Pokie Woes

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
One of the Pokie slings ate one little waxworm about 4 days after his molt. Now he won't take anymore food and he doesn't look fat. He refused another waxworm, a decapitated superworm (too big) and a cricket.

I noticed some mold growth on some of the wood in this same Pokie's deli cup so I moved him into a cube container (was going to rehouse both Pokies anyway). I'm really worried he's sick like my Blue Fang was. That guy never ate and he eventually died. :(

Now the next problem is definately my fault (puts a dunce cap on). I should've done the rehouse in my bathroom, but I didn't :wall: and he made a run for it. I'm going to be searching every night now for this little sling. At this point and his small size, I'd be happy enough if it woke me in the night if I could just catch it.

My collection could very well go down to 15 or alas 14 tarantulas in this week. All well, could be worst. I could lose them all, right?

:8o:wall::(

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry to hear you lost the little one.. :(

I would drop a few small crickets every once in a while. Just so it has a chance to eat while its out on it little freedom trip..

Also leave a a few water dishes laying around your room as well.. Check on them once in a while to see if it is out drinking..

Best of luck finding it.. :)

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
Sorry to hear you lost the little one.. :(

I would drop a few small crickets every once in a while. Just so it has a chance to eat while its out on it little freedom trip..

Also leave a a few water dishes laying around your room as well.. Check on them once in a while to see if it is out drinking..

Best of luck finding it.. :)
not sure of how much pokie web but when my obt got out there was all the sudden a massive web structure in a corner of my room so maybe try looking fior that. also think pokie arboreal look high

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry to hear that. I hope you find her. I lost a B smithi a few months ago and never found it. :( It's a bummer! But at least I learned to rehouse in the bath tub if I'm not shark tanking.

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
I would mist a spot on the bathroom wall at nighttime. Turn the lights off, sit and wait for it to come to the spot.

Noexcuse4you

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I lose pokie slings all the time. In fact, I was shipping some yesterday and left the deli lid to the communal regalis off and went to school. I came back to a dozen or so slings on the ceiling and another dozen INSIDE other T containers. One was even crawling on top of a molting formosa.

Check the ceiling at night, especially around the corners. That's where I usually find them.

Blayde

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I lose pokie slings all the time. In fact, I was shipping some yesterday and left the deli lid to the communal regalis off and went to school. I came back to a dozen or so slings on the ceiling and another dozen INSIDE other T containers. One was even crawling on top of a molting formosa.

Check the ceiling at night, especially around the corners. That's where I usually find them.
Wow, that must have been interesting to come home to.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good News and Bad

The good news is, I found the missing Pokie last night. I am going to have to put my whole computer monitor back together tonight. He made a little webbing right inside the bottom of the computer monitor. My brother was out with his tools so I didn't have the right screw drivers that night. So, I blocked the area I saw him in with moist paper towl.

When I came back from work, I took apart my monitor. He kept dashing off to the next closed-off part; making me take out all the screws in his path. {D:rolleyes:

I didn't have names for either Pokies, but this one will be named "Marathon." {D

The two strange webs on the side are waxworm cocoons. I've had a lot of worms escape out of the vent holes(changed with tights).

You can see a little web. That's the Pokie's

The bad news is, I'm pretty sure I know why the other isn't taking food. I think it's nematodes. He has some "spit up" and the orange fuzz within the mouth looks strange. I've isolated him and in the meantime, looking through nematode searches and websites but I'm not too optimistic.

Well, I guess you can't win every battle. :(

EDIT : Oh yeah, I have pics.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Glad to hear you found the escapee.. :)

Sorry to hear about the one with nematodes.. :( Are you certain thats what it is? Does it look like its moing or anything? I have had a bunch of critters with white stuff in the mouth parts.. It almost looked like critter poo... It never turned out bad thankfully..

Hopefully its nothing in this case as well.. :eek:

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, I hope it's nothing. Some of the health problem threads freak me out though. He's off the shelf and I'm checking up on him. I put a waxmoth in there so whether he'll eat or not, the insect won't hurt him.