Pokie Rufilata MM HELP

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Google it
Just because you can google something, doesn't make it right. In the few short years I've been in this hobby, I've always heard that rufilata is the largest growing sp. In terms of body size, ornata may get larger but in terms of legspan, rufilata should take the cake.

I know this guy isn't an expert, but I'd value his opinion more so than some random website that you might find on google.

Newbie guide to poecilotheria

I'll look for some more examples.

Tarantulas.com also refers to them as the largest growing poecilothria sp., with p. ornata being just a bit smaller.

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
Ornata is the largest arboreal species..... Google it

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

P.ornata
**The most large representative of the genus, reaches 7-8 cm of body length and 20-23 cm in legspan!
One of the most widespread representative of genus in hobby.
Is it regularly bred in captivity

P.rufilata
**Together with P. ornata are most large species of genus.
Reaches 7-8 cm in body length and 19-21 cm in legspan.
Really one of the most beautifully colored species

Just to back my statement
Sounds like Wikipedia to me . . . . which means it has zero credibility - just more people's opinions.

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Speaking from experience keeping many sp of Poecilotheria
rufilata is the largest Poecilotheria (females) mature males of this species tend to be smaller then ornata mature males, just for my observation P. ornata mature males are the larger then any other mature males
comes to a possibility of P. ornata females been less tolerant and more aggressive towards males
so size does matters when yer ass is on the line ;P