Pokie question!

Wheezy

Arachnopeon
I was wondering if my Poecilotheria Ornata was in premolt because after setting him up in his new home, he made a nice little hide behind his log. He's burrowed a hole behind it, and sealed it off entirely except one hole with webbing and cocofiber substrate. So I was thinking maybe he was in premolt, but he ate today, so I don't know. My question is if I should possibly remove some of his webbing, he looks almost too big to get out of it haha, plus in the case he is going to molt anytime soon, I don't know if he has enough room, it looks comfy in there, but I don't think there's enough room for him to comfortably turn upside down and molt when it's time. I will try to take pictures, but my camera is horrible.

tarantulagooroo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I bet it will be fine, My Irminia molted in a hole that was too small for her to fit in but she did ir XD

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
all my poecilotheria slings do that, especialy if the cage starts to dry out a little ,also that tube with webbing they made with dirt looks cool too ,keeps mosture in to, i think so anyways

Wheezy

Arachnopeon
Yeah, I got quite a bit of ventilation so I mist every other day or so, he sealed up one tunnel, and now has one little hole he can go in and out of lol, i have yet to see him go out though, i've seen him halfway out, but he went back in after a little bit.

Wheezy

Arachnopeon
So I noticed what I think was a tiny little bit of mold in my Ornata's enclosure today, it was a little fuzzy ball sitting on the cocofiber. And I noticed something else, on the side of the enclosure, so i threw the ball away and cleaned the stuff off the side. I'm wondering if maybe it's molding, and thats why my Ornata is hiding behind that log constantly, I never see him out of it. I mist it every couple of days, and there's plenty of ventilation(20+ 1/16th holes). I don't understand why it would mold, i'd really like to get some corkbark, but I can't find any good sources for corkbark of all sizes, any recommendations?

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
In my experience, a spider shoudn't molt in a spot that is too tight. Just let them do their thing.

Wheezy

Arachnopeon
Do you think he would hide there if it began molding? He's made a whole little cave like thing with little holes, and I think either i'm seeing mold.. or poop, but I don't know if its poop, since I check on him alot, and he's always in his cave.

jeryst

Arachnopeon
Sometimes my spider doesnt eat the entire cricket. Maybe a foreleg will drop to the ground, etc. I've noticed that its usually these uneaten pieces or fragments that will start to mold, so I remove them as soon as one pops up.