Pokie owners, I need yr help !

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Pokie owners;

As some of you know, Im prolly going to be getting a pokie. I definitly have some nervous anticipation and excitement. :D I thought I would be able to stop at three, but I just really want a pokie. I was wondering if you could post pictures of your set-ups that you have for your pokies, so I could get ideas of how to do it. Apparently this pokie is quite a big girl already. I know hieght is more important than floor space, but it would be really helpful to me to see what kind of set up and cages u r using. Thanks so much !

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I use a ten gallon tank standing on one end with a sliding screen lid. I had cork bark in it but the pokie never took to it so I too kit out. I will post a pic when I get home..

Devildoll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
here are a couple :)
this first one is an enclosure i have set up for the unknown pokie i'm supposed to be getting this week. supposedly 6-8 incher :)

Attachments

Devildoll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
this pic is of one of my pokie shelves. There are a couple Avicularia leata up there, but the 15gal is a setup for the regalis you see walking on me in my thread.

Attachments

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Thanks Devildoll :D Those are most helpful. Anyone else, Id love to see. Thanks again. ;)

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
tall reptile style enclosure with sliding screen top. about 50% of the top is covered to up the humidity a bit. I have since added a cork bark tube and the adult female regalis stays in it.
Ed

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
this is a tall 10 gallon hex aquarium, I drilled numerous holes in the plastic part of the lid for ventilation (I am not using the glass top in this picture anymore) this houses an h. maculata, would also work for a pokie. the three back panels of glass have cork bark slabs siliconed on (with aquarium silicone) the bark slab on the right has a natural knot hole that I enlarged slightly and the maculata uses this hole to access the area between the glass and the back of the slabs for a hide. works very well.
Ed

SurfinJB

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey atavuss do you reach your arm all the way in to the bottom with that H.maculata or use tools to pick up cricket remains.

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by SurfinJB
Hey atavuss do you reach your arm all the way in to the bottom with that H.maculata or use tools to pick up cricket remains.
he he he! I am not crazy, I use 24" tweezers I got from BioQuip.com to clean and I use a turkey baster to fill the water dish.
Ed