Arachnoprince
Old Timer
OHHH!!! She is purddy!!! :drool::D
Congrats on the molt..

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pokie Ornata Beta tank

Here is my modified lid beta home for my 3/4 inch Pokie sling. He's done really well.

Last edited by a moderator:

CoSpiderGuy

Arachnopeon
Beautiful!!! Not too great of pics.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321988222.089243.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321988279.201473.jpg

Life is too short to be anything but happy
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

parslegacy

Arachnopeon
Here is a picture of my poecilotheria ornata sp.blue..one of a kind T :)

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
Very cute, I just bought my first 2" P,ornata a just over a week ago very fast but nice colouration.

parslegacy

Arachnopeon
Very cute, I just bought my first 2" P,ornata a just over a week ago very fast but nice colouration.
thnx for the like,i bought it from a seller in my country and he said that i must wait for its final molt for me to confirm its true color,but then again i have found something like this as well in this forum like my ornata which is also blue but already adult one so in that picture i can say that my ornata is also a unique one :) by the way ornata are really fast growers and one of the biggest in their genus poecilotheria

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
yeah they take some time for the final adult colouration to show but they are nice throughout thayr lifetime.

parslegacy

Arachnopeon
It looks like a regular P. ornata to me.
as you closely observed on the p.ornata i have posted you will see a blue coloration on its limbs which you cannot see on a normal p.ornata..p.ornata looks like more of a greenish than a having blue coloration..and today my p.ornata has molted and she still has her blue coloration and more vibrant..ill post more of its pictures to see the uniqueness on this one..different from the normal p.ornata that you will own or you will buy on some local pet shop or online pet store..and heres a picture of your regular ornata and you will see the difference based on the color

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAVnJ64fsxjFY1BZwYxgxvl_QTen5rdq4ZT-XmG3Gl5iV6cRRfcO83MFQt

parslegacy

Arachnopeon
I hope you didn't pay a lot for it :}

Later, Tom
yeah i bought it on a reasonable price and it didn't cost me a lot..i was surprise that i got it on a very low price knowing that it is different from a regular one..i was kind of lucky because other have raised their price in order to get these pokie but then again the seller gave his word to me that he would sell this p.ornata sp. blue to me and im very glad to own this unique pokie :)

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer

parslegacy

Arachnopeon
looks A LOT like my run of the mill ornata here http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?234080-Ornata-Project/page4 , post 60 here http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?229432-MY-turn-to-build-a-back-drop/page4 , and
post 73 here http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?229432-MY-turn-to-build-a-back-drop/page5

---------- Post added 11-14-2012 at 11:08 PM ----------

very beautiful ornata by the way:biggrin:
thanks for the like:) hehe yah ur ornata looks good too..maybe this time it is much bluer now after it has molted..ill just have to take a picture of it for me to have a comparison..its much clearer if it is hit by camera's flash so that i can view a much greater picture of it :)

---------- Post added 11-15-2012 at 03:36 PM ----------

as i have expected..it much like a p.metallica under the bright light :) found a new special pokie in my collection and a rare one i guess :) finish molting and she is now stretching some legs yeah :)

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
the FIRST 3 pics did look a bit different (sort of like a p met/p ornata mash up, but the 2nd pic link looks like mine more or less... Ive seen people refer to ornata sp. "blue" before, but was always just under the impression that the coloration is just all lighting and photography work..
NOT TO DOUBT yours.. id definitely like to see more pics.

parslegacy

Arachnopeon
the FIRST 3 pics did look a bit different (sort of like a p met/p ornata mash up, but the 2nd pic link looks like mine more or less... Ive seen people refer to ornata sp. "blue" before, but was always just under the impression that the coloration is just all lighting and photography work..
NOT TO DOUBT yours.. id definitely like to see more pics.
no problem..its color will definitely shine under certain light but w/out light its like some sort of dark blue coloration in which in a regular ornata you will see a different color like greenish thing,thats why my seller sold it to me as sp. blue because his supplier itself was a little bit confuse if it has sold a regular ornata or a rare one because he said that he has to wait for the final molt,but still under my care its blue color hasn't fade away but then has been more vibrantly colored blue..thats why i was so excited to see it after the molt..i will take a good angle of it for a closer view of its coloration :) thank you for not doubting :)

Spyder 1.0

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree with the above statement. I've been in correspondence with Peter Kirk about this P.ornata sp. blue and he doesn't seem to think much of it.

It is interesting, however to note that the illustration of the leg 4 of the P.ornata shows resemblance that of the sp. blue seen in the following link:http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/3217/783c800brl5.jpg supplied by syndicate above.

Note: This is not the type specimen illustrated in this paper but merely an example of what was floating around the hobby at that time in 1991. It is also subject to scrutiny as it was not noted how Kirk measured the markings or if the illustrations are to scale (which I have my doubts of)

The plot thickens.

---------- Post added 11-19-2012 at 01:35 PM ----------

Also to the OP. In addition to a ventral picture can we also get a ventral shot of the abdomen. I have a feeling that this is a sub-adult male. Male Poecilotheria sp. in my experience are almost always more blue-ish dorsally.

---------- Post added 11-19-2012 at 01:36 PM ----------

Does anyone know the source of this? http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/3217/783c800brl5.jpg

Last edited: