Pokie Folio Question--Your Opinion Please

TarantulaLV

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
First here are the facts so we are not covering pointless territory.
A) No exuvium to sex and ventral pic not clear. I will sex the exuvium when it molts. This is what we have. Any ideas?
B) Does folio sexing work with this species--P. Pederseni?
C) Current size 5.25" with legs stretched out.
D) What size do the females colors become clearly obvious ie: markings on opis. ect?
E) Males mature generally around what size?
F) Mature Adult Females of this species can reach what size?
Additionally I am aware of the limitations with this method and the potential guesswork just looking for those with the eye and mainly opinions. Again no lectures about the reliability of this please. Thanks all. :)

No photo enhancement performed. Both taken with normal incandescent lighting--one with flash/one without. :)

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
actually looks more like a p. regalis male too me, but what do i know...

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I might be wrong, but i think you have a female. But at that size the band on her abdomen should be lighter.

TarantulaLV

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I might be wrong, but i think you have a female. But at that size the band on her abdomen should be lighter.
That is what I thought as well especially since there are mature males I have heard of for sale at this size. In the female Pederseni photos the folios are almost white much brighter but could it be the photos enhance the color? Could this one simply be a late bloomer? BTW this is unquestionably a Pederseni based on ventral band verification which by the way is strikingly colorful even if nothing else seems to be. :wall:

TarantulaLV

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It is not a P. regalis

But it may be a female, but P. pederseni is really hard to tell.
I think if I had a few from the same sack I could visually tell the difference between boys and girls but without others of the same size it is hard to compare. Thanks just looking for opinions. :)

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Honestly it looks male to me. It has a distinct lack of clear black/white markings, it is overall drab in colour. At that size it should be quite black and white I would think. I have small juvies with more distinct markings than that. Also at that size I would think the folio band would be much paler.

TarantulaLV

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Honestly it looks male to me. It has a distinct lack of clear black/white markings, it is overall drab in colour. At that size it should be quite black and white I would think. I have small juvies with more distinct markings than that. Also at that size I would think the folio band would be much paler.
Thanks. Very probable.

RuthlessRog

Arachnopeon
in response...

i got a female Peders about 6 months ago. since then i have encountered a male the way i could tell was the Butt on the females is drastically longer but the pedipalps are slightly knobby on the males, and hers are straight forward. from the the looks of it it could be a male with a bold blood line. but it kinda looks like a tigris pokie..... but i love my female held her for the first time, intense, then i grew the balls to hold myT. Blondi.... no guts no glory