Pokie enclosure advice

Iamconstantlyhappy

Arachnoknight
I have ordered my first Pokie. It's (advertised) 7-8 cm Poecilotheria regalis.
Thought I'd post the pictures of the enclosure that I set up for it. It's coming in the next couple of days
3 of the 4 sides have 3 spaced rows of ventilation holes.

Attachments

emartinm28

Arachnoknight
Plenty of substrate for burrowing, a corkbark hide with sphagnum moss, plenty of cover and a water dish above the ground, everything looks good to me! Personally i’d add more ventilation holes but it isn’t necessary

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
Keep in mind they burrow as slings so have some exposed substrate at the bottom of the corkbark, they'll move the moss back as they see fit

8 legged

Arachnoprince
I would drill a "second line" of holes (a new hole under every existing hole)

Sterls

Arachnobaron
As others have stayed, I'd use more ventilation. I'm of the belief you can't really have too much cross ventilation. Other than that looks great! The T can use that moss to throw up dirt curtains once it outgrows the burrowing phase, which mine had already done by the time it was the size yours will be.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
I use about the same ventilation as your pictures but my substrate is drier, with just an overflowed water dish.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Looks great.IMO,,ventilation looks good..
Ill add,at 8cm that's a good sized pokie.No sling,so IMO,probably wont burrow a lot.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Looks good. I'd personally remove some of the moss but that's it really!

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I would add ventilation to the lid of you haven’t, I can’t tell, helps warm stagnant air escape. I do this as my main source of ventilation, down low at sub level in a few sides, and on lid to draw hot air out and cooler in. Especially for moisture dependent species to help with reducing mold growth.

cold blood

Staff member
Ventilation isnt critical, its not an avic.

Lean the wood so that the t can make a home under the leaned wood. The plant should be at the base of the wood, protecting the previously mentioned area under the base of the wood.

Its very important to give them this for security, they have to have a good hiding spot.

Add a water dish.

Iamconstantlyhappy

Arachnoknight
It will work- I prefer Poki setups with more space.
I will keep in here to its next molt,depending on its size afterwards then switch to a larger one if need be.
Ventilation isnt critical, its not an avic.

Lean the wood so that the t can make a home under the leaned wood. The plant should be at the base of the wood, protecting the previously mentioned area under the base of the wood.

Its very important to give them this for security, they have to have a good hiding spot.

Add a water dish.
It has a water dish (you would see it in the picture)
I'll put some plant coverage at the base of the wood