Pokie dropping legs?

TheTHut

Arachnopeon
Hi guys, I'm a wee bit concerned about my P.Reglis sling. I have had it for around 2 months and it has only eaten once in my care which seems fine as the abdomen is plumpish but not overly plump if that makes sense and I do attempt to feed once a week. I have tried tiny meal worms live and pre-killed and I have tried locust hatchlings live and pre-killed but she just doesnt seem to want to eat. I keep the small waterdish full to.

Anyway onto the point - I noticed a month ago that it had dropped a leg which I know can and does happen as this happened to my a.diversipes and the leg grew back within the following 2 molts so I wasn't overly concerned at the time...however I checked on my Ts this morning and noticed that she has potentially lost 2 or 3 more legs I couldn't exactly tell how many. I have been told before that i should only be concerned if the T has no legs but is there any reason why it keeps losing more legs? could it have been the tiny hatchling hopper that I left in overnight with her that has taken them off? i dont see the legs in the enclosure but I did remove the hopper...

any input would be awesome thanks guys!

TheTHut

Arachnopeon
at the moment I can't as I am at work, however when I get home I will upload pics. I was going to take pics this morning however I didnt want to disturb the T too much.

at the moment I can tell you that she is in a deli cup with air holes and a little cocofibre as substrate with a fake leaf to climb up or hide behind. this one spends more time on the floor than my other pokie as well which I found odd

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
at the moment I can't as I am at work, however when I get home I will upload pics. I was going to take pics this morning however I didnt want to disturb the T too much.

at the moment I can tell you that she is in a deli cup with air holes and a little cocofibre as substrate with a fake leaf to climb up or hide behind. this one spends more time on the floor than my other pokie as well which I found odd
May have bitten stuck on the ventillation? Not sure if that can happen with hokes in plastic, but it coukd be getting stuck in the night and having to chew off legs to escape. Not quite sure, hope she is alright ;)

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It could be a number of things. Enclosure conditions. Could've fallen and injured itself and felt that it was best to drop the leg/legs. Could've gotten tangled up in its webbing. (I've only ever seen this happen with Avic slings. But could see it possible with others.)

And just to clarify, Ts don't "chew off" their legs. Lol

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
It could be a number of things. Enclosure conditions. Could've fallen and injured itself and felt that it was best to drop the leg/legs. Could've gotten tangled up in its webbing. (I've only ever seen this happen with Avic slings. But could see it possible with others.)

And just to clarify, Ts don't "chew off" their legs. Lol
How else do they remove the leg? I thought they would self-amputate?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
it was probably the prey item. locusts have pretty tough mandibles. dont leave prey items like that in without rushing their head first.

TheTHut

Arachnopeon
Thanks for everyone's input I think it's been the hopper that's done it and I won't be leaving a live one in overnight again lol the T seems to be ok I have just made sure the water dish is full so she can rehydrate Also really cool info on how the Ts actually drop the legs wow thanks for sharing ✌