Pokie attacking light.

Suidakkra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I only recieved my juvie 3" P.regalis yesterday , so i decided to check on her tonight when i got home from work. I went into my T room and used a LED flashlight to just see how she was doing. Well when the light hit her, it peeved her off pretty good and she actually started attacking the enclosure where the light met the plastic. I laughed because this is the first time I had one of my T's attack a light, I have a P.miranda also but she is super mellow compared to this little hellion.

I wanted to get a video but she only did this for a few seconds then ran for the bottom of her cork bark, and honestly dont want her to do it again for fear of her hurting herself.

Anyone else ever experience this ?, especially with Pokies. I know they hate light, but wow, lol.

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
Well, they are nocturnal. ;)

It could also be a combination of feeling you moving around and the light. I've seen some T's react to me moving around (approaching their enclosure). Some of my T's (past and present) have made for their hides when I turned on a light. Some are just more defensive than others when it comes to different things. "Normal" behavior. :D

Suidakkra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, they are nocturnal. ;)

It could also be a combination of feeling you moving around and the light. I've seen some T's react to me moving around (approaching their enclosure). Some of my T's (past and present) have made for their hides when I turned on a light. Some are just more defensive than others when it comes to different things. "Normal" behavior. :D
I know that it's normal behavior, I was just curious if anyone else has had their T chase a light, sort of like a laser pointer with cats , that's what I was meaning. Sorry for the confusion. ;)

Robertb

Arachnopeon
Yeah my L. P sling did this once when i popped on the flash light and she jump and stamped her front legs for a second. It made me laugh with out meaning to because i new what had happened. If ever you have been awakened from a good sleep with a cup of cold water to the face you might get the idea of what its like for your T to have bright glaring light just pop on in its range of sight while its relaxing in the dark.