Poison glands removed?

Turfrantula

Arachnopeon
A co worker and i were discussing tarantulas when he began to tell me this story(this guy believes that he is some sort of genius, no joke)

His story: " when i was around 13 years old i was staying the night with my cousin who had goliath rose hair spider. It was always getting out of its cage and that night it did. I was sleeping on the floor and rolled over and felt a pin prick on my back. I stood up and said get the spider of im going to smash it. I probably could have died if the poison glands hadn't be removed."
My response: " wow youre really lucky!"
He continued: "yeah those rose hairs are pretty poisonous."

!?!?!?!? Just thought id share this with you guys. Have a great day and thanks for reading!

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Lol. Of course it's ,"poison glands" were removed... ;-)

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
His G.Rosea or ‘Goliath Rose Hair’ was ‘Always escaping’ What was he keeping it in? A fruit bowl...

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Isn't it weird to be in a position where you know someone is such a big bs'er that the only way out of the conversation is to just agree with them?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
A co worker and i were discussing tarantulas when he began to tell me this story(this guy believes that he is some sort of genius, no joke)

His story: " when i was around 13 years old i was staying the night with my cousin who had goliath rose hair spider. It was always getting out of its cage and that night it did. I was sleeping on the floor and rolled over and felt a pin prick on my back. I stood up and said get the spider of im going to smash it. I probably could have died if the poison glands hadn't be removed."
My response: " wow youre really lucky!"
He continued: "yeah those rose hairs are pretty poisonous."

!?!?!?!? Just thought id share this with you guys. Have a great day and thanks for reading!
Stupid people shouldn’t be allowed to breed.

jcmbibb311

Arachnopeon
I just wonder where people like this even get their information... clearly not from a credible source.

Turfrantula

Arachnopeon
This same guy told me that tomatoes originally came from grove city ohio, all birds migrated south and that he can stand straight and jump 25ft horizontally....hes a super nice just a BSer.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
I don't break the rules of Arachnoboards lightly, but since I wrote them and own the site, I'm giving myself a one time pass as this is too good of an opportunity not to post this. ;) Content of this nature is not appropriate for the site, anyone else breaking our rules will get slapped :D

technically correct.jpg

Tentacle Toast

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter +
I'd straight up tell him he is wrong. That's like flat Earth stuff.
So...the only problem with that, is he works with the guy. Have you ever known someone like that, AND have continued interaction be necessary for whatever reason? They will make it their duty in life to convince you. Until you "see the light," you'll be deluged with a litany of unsourced "infographics" (should they, god forbid, have your number), & mispronounced words bombarding you at every opportunity with conviction & impassioned spittle. Engaging them in any way other than a "neat" & a change of subject will kill more brain cells than all of those parties in college combined...

I don't break the rules of Arachnoboards lightly, but since I wrote them and own the site, I'm giving myself a one time pass as this is too good of an opportunity not to post this. ;) Content of this nature is not appropriate for the site, anyone else breaking our rules will get slapped :D

View attachment 345806
Why is that bad though? The superhero guy didn't even defile the corps...

Oh, & nice site, by the way...