Poecilotheria what?

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I figured I woudl make a thread since I didn't want to hijack the other thread.Anyway...

My MM's species has come into question. Based on the fact that I don't want to mate the wrong pair, and I respect the opinions of most here on the forums, I'm going to post photos of my male. If you guys would like to tell me what you think he is it would be appreciated and I will not pair him with my female provided he is not P. regalis.

This photo was taken before his mature molt, nearly a year ago. You can see the abdomen band is not present. I posted this here on AB at the time for sexing purposes and was told that "males don't have the abdomen band".

This photo was also, obviously, taken before his mature molt.

MM:

Thanks for checking these out.

Noexcuse4you

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You would have to post the undersides of the legs in order to identify it properly, but its looking like striata or pederseni.

Blayde

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That dark MM looks like a P. ornata to me, but I am probably wrong... None of them look P. Pederseni though. I just went through 2 males, and I have a nice female, and neither looked like that.

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'll see if I can get one eventually. He tends to hang out in places that would make that difficult.

I would describe it as a pale yellow where you would expect to see bright yellow on a regalis, if that is useful at all.

That dark MM looks like a P. ornata to me, but I am probably wrong... None of them look P. Pederseni though. I just went through 2 males, and I have a nice female, and neither looked like that.
All of the photos are the same lil guy. :)

Blayde

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Than I haven't the foggiest idea. The latter pics look like a P. ornata, but the pre-molt pic doesnt, so I am stumped.

And now that I really look, the colour is a bit off aswell. My P. ornata was more of an Olive colour.

billopelma

Arachnolord
Old Timer
You need to see the dark band on leg I femur, will be wider on striata.

Bill

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
based on what white i saw on the underside of the legs, and the color that is showing on the dorsal shot i would say P. pederseni. the marking of the IM look that way too. if u look at the underside of the formosa, it is also white but the band is cut short by a black line, the pederseni goes straight up the femur. hope this helps.

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Just M.O..... I would go with strata or pederseni.... No regalis or ornata there...

Peace!!!

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks guys. So far based on what I've seen then, it is looking P. pederseni. Not sure if I'll be able to get a pic but I'll try.

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Whew lol.. had to get him running around the tank and then wait for him to stop so I could get a pic! And.. of course he stops on the area that looks like crap.. literally! LOL

Anyway... his legs..

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Looks to be more in line with the pederseni going by the lighter color pattern on the carapace. The banding on the legs look more in line with that too. I'll just call him a P. pederstriata! {D

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looks to be more in line with the pederseni going by the lighter color pattern on the carapace. The banding on the legs look more in line with that too. I'll just call him a P. pederstriata! {D
Oh Oh Oh!!! I want a P. pederstriata! {D :razz:

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Soon as I find a female pederstriata there will be slings for everyone! LOL {D