Poecilotheria tigris

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Does anyone one know anything about Poecilotheria tigris.

I'd love to see a pic

Pyst

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's now called Poecilotheria tigrinawesseli . I'm sure someone can/will post a picture of them.

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i cant wait to add one of them to my collection...well...as soon as they come down in price that is. so you guys who have them...get to breeding! :D

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
I don't find them to be all that exciting. If they looked different than other pokies I would understand the hype a little more. But I must say I still prefer the look of my female P. miranda, and they are cheaper.:)

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't find them to be all that exciting. If they looked different than other pokies I would understand the hype a little more. But I must say I still prefer the look of my female P. miranda, and they are cheaper.:)
thats the great thing! they DO look different than other pokies. thats like saying "irminia's and regalis look the same so whats the difference?"

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Sorry, poor choice of words. I know they look different, but they are still very similar to P. formosa and P. miranda. If it was some cool new red pokie or something different like that I would understand the hype. I've seen pictures of adults and while they are nice, I still think P. miranda is nicer looking.

If they looked as different to other pokies as P. irminia does to P. cambridgei then that would be something!

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
the price has gone down quite a bit.ive seen some sites with them for 150 so thats round the same price for miranda

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm with you 100% Laura. In fact P miranda is prolly my favorite out of all of them. Cant say why, just a fact.

massmorels

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my favorite pokie is the subfusca, I have every pokie except that and the smithi.. each one is unique in its own way and my goal is to collect the whole set.

Iggy

Arachnopeon
Sorry, poor choice of words. I know they look different, but they are still very similar to P. formosa and P. miranda. If it was some cool new red pokie or something different like that I would understand the hype. I've seen pictures of adults and while they are nice, I still think P. miranda is nicer looking.

If they looked as different to other pokies as P. irminia does to P. cambridgei then that would be something!
I would have to agree, having to choose between the 2 I would take P. miranda regardless of cost. Cheers Iggy