Poecilotheria subfusca

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
They're alright ;)
john

PS I like how I could focus in the cork around the subject, even focusing in between the legs. Totally avoiding the subject. Amazing isn't it? :mad:

Attachments

Last edited:

NightCrawler

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
DAMN I need to get me one of those, It is just to beautyfull for me not to have :)

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Outside of P.metallica, these have to be the nicest pokie around.

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
PS I like how I could focus in the cork around the subject, even focusing in between the legs. Totally avoiding the subject. Amazing isn't it?

U got skillz ;)

Actually I think that is one of the nicer pics I've seen of that species. That is a really sharp looking spider.

atmosphere

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I love the purpleish markings on that spider. Great picture:D

Morr

Arachnopeon
:eek:

Wow.. that is one beautiful spider! Arboreal, and with those colors.. wow, really really nice :D

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
MUCH prettier than the pic on Rick West's site! Very nice.

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
ok I'll add a me too. That is one pretty T. Guess I need to add that to the list :)

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
wow, that is a gorgeous spider and i congratulate you on your excellent, excellent photographs.

that first one especially is very well done.

bravo!

(sigh...why do all the truly beautiful ones have to be untouchable?) -sniffle- :(

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Wow, the color and pattern on that one is amazing! The color/patterns remind me of Van Gogh's painting, Starry Night. Looks pretty enough for me to cut my ear off. :)

Bry

safetypinup

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Great pics John! Subfusca probably tops my list as my favorite Poec at the moment...

BTW, what kind of camera are you using?

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by LaRiz
They're alright ;)
john

PS I like how I could focus in the cork around the subject, even focusing in between the legs. Totally avoiding the subject. Amazing isn't it? :mad:
I've been vainly trying to get my hands on one of these for over a year! And now you go taunting me with your photos, dangling the desire of my heart in front of my longing eyes (as it were).

You are a lucky guy!

Joy

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Even nicer than a P. miranda ....

From the first time I saw this specie in a book, I wanted one, but haven't seen one for sale yet. I bet they must be very expensive.

Dennis

safetypinup

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Surprisingly, they are not insanely expensive. In the US, slings and small juveniles usually run around $75-$100 (roughly 65-85 EUR). They are available occasionally...I think a few dealers have them in stock now. We have a 2+" juvenile currently priced at $125. They are absolutely awesome spiders. Better than mirandas, in my opinion ;)