Poecilotheria Subfusca after-molt SACK Q:

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
So I find my girl the other day, w/ a Sack in her mouth :D

and she molted outta FERTILIZATION from 2 males, couple months prior :(

Could it be poss. for her to have "rubbed" accidentally, on his OLD sperm-webs :eek: probably Not likely :cool: but, in realm-of-possibility, YES, IMO & others.

She regularly posts-up, in area directly over his old webbings :confused: I'll just wait & see...If any eggs are Fertile & "hatch", I'll honor split w/ 1st male provider.

It may be, that my 1st successful hatching of Lasiodora Parahybana had this occur, as 1st MM was eaten quickly after he made web. No Inserts ever witnessed....yet 1700+ babies emerged :)

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd say thats very possible!.....good luck with her!...my fingers are cross for ya!

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanx!

I also feel that it is indeed, Possible :eek:

She is gripping it TIGHT! :p I'll let her do her thing, as I look for a MM, and power-feed the PM's I possess :8o for a Dbl. Clutch possibility....

Just kickin' myself for not having FOCUSED better. No 20/20 anymore.

But a 50/50 if it is fertile, to owner of 1st MM ;)

GL every1, w/ your pokie sacks! - Jason :)

When she arrived, climbed up my arm :p Has molted since, and mated 2X w/ 2 MM's...

jonnyquong

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I could perhaps believe this to be possible if the sperm was in an active state, and could 'swim' into the female's seminal recepticles. Because the sperm goes dormant shortly after formation, and is unable to move due to a protein coat, any chance of fertilization this way would be infinitely remote.
I'm also certain you just missed witnessing the insertion with your L. parahybana. Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen.;)

Wadew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's about as possible as you getting pregnant from a toilet seat!

Wade

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I wouldn't put too much hope in it. Dud sac is my vote.

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It's about as possible as you getting pregnant from a toilet seat!

Wade
LOL - well, that is w/ in the Realm of Possibility :rolleyes:

Just make sure you sit on it the right way.
Especially if ya "sit", like that, guys/gals :D

hoping for you
TY - I am 2, but Xhexdx is right, shouldn't hope too much = Disappointment :eek:

A lesson to some of us regularly mating Tarantula species ~ Focus like "Daniel-son"
*insert-on ~ insert-off* & stack extra Males! ;)

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

I could perhaps believe this to be possible if the sperm was in an active state, and could 'swim' into the female's seminal recepticles. Because the sperm goes dormant shortly after formation, and is unable to move due to a protein coat, any chance of fertilization this way would be infinitely remote.
I'm also certain you just missed witnessing the insertion with your L. parahybana. Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen.;)
This is possible....I did leave the room 2X, for just a sec. but, I have heard reports of LP's having had fertile sacks, w/ out noticing an insert, but watching S-Web creation & loading of palps.
Males killed seemingly too Quick :eek: yet webs remained in cages. In reports, the female was beleived to have "walked" over, the web many times Daily.
Just a thought :rolleyes:

hey! it did happened to virgin Mary ;P
Yes! That is what I was thinking :razz:

There is such a thing, as a Tarantula Species, that STORES SPERM, even after molting - Not beleived Parthenogenic though :cool:, for those Scorpion enthusiests, wondering :?
Sorry, I do Not have the time for a LINK/RESEARCH, maybe later....Thanx 4 comments yall :)

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The only species of tarantula I'm aware of that can still produce a viable sac post-molt are Encyocratella olivacea and Sickius longibulbi because they lack spermathecae.