Phalagorn

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here´s my Poecilotheria striata, moulted again and it´s still black!!! {D

Last edited:

Jmmarich

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Holy crap that thing is awesome. I thought those were supposed to be shades of brown. How big is that one? MAN thats a sharp looking one!

--Josh
:eek:

Phalagorn

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Jmmarich said:
Holy crap that thing is awesome. I thought those were supposed to be shades of brown. How big is that one? MAN thats a sharp looking one!

--Josh
:eek:
it´s somewhat more than 2 inch in legspann!

sansoucie

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Beautiful!! I love how they lay like that! Did you raise it from a sling?

Phalagorn

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
sansoucie said:
Beautiful!! I love how they lay like that! Did you raise it from a sling?
I bought 10st P. striata slings, and I have raised them since.
I noticed that one of them became darker and darker, I think it´s melanism?!

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Except that this appears to be Freak Poec Leg Night, that's a really cool looking poec. Btw Phalagorn, you don't happen to know anyone around Sweden selling slings/ subadults of Poecilotheria species with names that don't end with regalis or pederseni?

Offt: One black sheep in your flock..as you are one who doesn't get calm from smoking pot? :D

sansoucie

Arachnolord
Old Timer
That's really strange and interesting. If you ever hear what the deal is, let us know. I am interested in hearing if this happens with other species too....

Phalagorn

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Vys said:
Except that this appears to be Freak Poec Leg Night, that's a really cool looking poec. Btw Phalagorn, you don't happen to know anyone around Sweden selling slings/ subadults of Poecilotheria species with names that don't end with regalis or pederseni?

Offt: One black sheep in your flock..as you are one who doesn't get calm from smoking pot? :D
Right now I have spiderlings on P. ornata, I have some males of formosa and subfusca in England for breeding ;) hope it will succed!
in the near future I plan to breed on miranda, striata, ornata and rufilata :}
and then when I have more Poec I will breed on them to!!! {D

Phalagorn

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
sansoucie said:
That's really strange and interesting. If you ever hear what the deal is, let us know. I am interested in hearing if this happens with other species too....
In the genus of Poecilotheria I heard about dark forms on, formosa, metallica, ornata and subfusca. I have seen a light form on a formosa that were almoust white! :) That what really amazing!
Btw there´s lots of coulor morphs on birdspiders!

sansoucie

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I think he spray painted it or injected the eggsac with that dye they use on baby chics ;P

Seriously though, it's awesome looking. I'd like to see the other side of the spectrum too.. the white ones.

da_illest

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sansoucie said:
I think he spray painted it or injected the eggsac with that dye they use on baby chics ;P

Seriously though, it's awesome looking. I'd like to see the other side of the spectrum too.. the white ones.
lol.... hehehe

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Phalagorn said:
In the genus of Poecilotheria I heard about dark forms on, formosa, metallica, ornata and subfusca. I have seen a light form on a formosa that were almoust white! :) That what really amazing!
Btw there´s lots of coulor morphs on birdspiders!
it really must stink to get a dark form of metallica because most people want it for its blueness and then u end up with this muddy piece of poo spider

anyway nice spyda

mike

PapaSmurf

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Its awsome looking hope it stays like that:) and hope its a female for ya!

Josh