Poecilotheria smithi

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thank you for advertising that in my thread, do you get a sales commissions ;)
sure you always get what you paid for, and never know what you could get specially when comes to little animals
I got burn few times, latest one got 6 G pulchra spiderlings little over then a year ago, they grow up to be something 2,5" golden/pink Am not even sure what the heck they are, but NOT G. pulchra that I paid for
those also came on import, there you go ;)
I agree with that, I however dpo trust Anas's stock 100% without a doubt!! I would gladly pay more for something that is CB and that is a quality animal! Put me on the list Ana!!!:clap::)

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So Ana... did you decide on a price?
tell you the truth, I didn't and probably wont till time comes ;)
I agree with that, I however dpo trust Anas's stock 100% without a doubt!! I would gladly pay more for something that is CB and that is a quality animal! Put me on the list Ana!!!:clap::)
Am fluttered :D, will it be a movie star ;P
ah heck, any spider of yours live better then many folks I know, haha

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
tell you the truth, I didn't and probably wont till time comes ;)

Am fluttered :D, will it be a movie star ;P
ah heck, any spider of yours live better then many folks I know, haha
Of course it'll be a movie star...all my T's are. LOL

And now I'm flattered...gee, thanks! :O) I appreciate that. Me and my wife spent some considerable time recently looking through your entire pic thread and we were both very impressed. Can we come live with you?? LOL All those sacs!! :eek: And you're just so calm..."oh, here just a pic, no biggie" and it shows several high end sacs. I wouldn't be that calm! But I think you all know that already! LOL

blooms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just out of curiosity Ana, what do the babies eat? I imagine it would be hard for them to find food in such a (relatively) large enclosure. How about humidity? How do you keep the humidity level high enough for slings? Thanks,

widowmaker03

Arachnopeon
at such young ages... the slings can actually live off of the egg until their 2nd molt (to my understanding) at small sizes however, i think the flightless fruit flies would be the perfect meal. Once they moult again you can smash small cricket heads to kill them and the spider will scavenge the corpse.

Versi*JP*Color

Arachnoknight
Of course it'll be a movie star...all my T's are. LOL

And now I'm flattered...gee, thanks! :O) I appreciate that. Me and my wife spent some considerable time recently looking through your entire pic thread and we were both very impressed. Can we come live with you?? LOL All those sacs!! :eek: And you're just so calm..."oh, here just a pic, no biggie" and it shows several high end sacs. I wouldn't be that calm! But I think you all know that already! LOL
Why don't cha send your MM smithi over to Ana.
:?

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
If only I had the money... :8o Nice job on all that you do here Anastasia, you are truely a staple to the Tarantula society!!!

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If only I had the money... :8o Nice job on all that you do here Anastasia, you are truely a staple to the Tarantula society!!!
Thank you kindly, it is a challenge but very rewarding, its been exiting year
I pulled at least 3 species that never been produced here in USA before
and two of them been called pretty difficult
So Am very happy with little ol myself :D
and will keep doing it! woot

TarantulaHomes

Arachnosquire
I spoke with people who bred P. smithi before and they said with this species it's roughly 80/20, first number being girls :)

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Thank you kindly, it is a challenge but very rewarding, its been exiting year
I pulled at least 3 species that never been produced here in USA before
and two of them been called pretty difficult
So Am very happy with little ol myself :D
and will keep doing it! woot
No, Anastasia, you are a stapler to the tarantula society. [/kissup]

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I spoke with people who bred P. smithi before and they said with this species it's roughly 80/20, first number being girls :)
really??, I got pretty large group from couple imports, and now that I can sex them I got ratio 5 females to 16 males and 3 looks like males but need to molt to just make sure
second question, how do they know about that ratio?
got me thinking maybe that is how I end up with so many males?

Last edited:

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What makes you think this may be the first US breeding?

I have a friend in town with two P. smithi slings that were supposedly hatched out in April of this year. I'll have to ask him who produced them again, as I can't remember.

Regardless, there are very few of these species out there. Congratulations on the success!

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What makes you think this may be the first US breeding?

I have a friend in town with two P. smithi slings that were supposedly hatched out in April of this year. I'll have to ask him who produced them again, as I can't remember.

Regardless, there are very few of these species out there. Congratulations on the success!
Well, sure, do that I would love to know
As of now no one claimed such event

Last edited: