Poecilotheria smithi

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Congrats Ana!!! Well, I hate Pokes as moms!!! haha Always had bad luck with their sacs :( But it's surely something I do wrong lol

Best luck with those, great to see them produced in captivity!!! :clap: Keep the breeding competitions!! it's healthy for the hobby :razz:

I agree with you Chris, Lampropelma are great moms!! heheh

Cheers,
Pato

blooms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Since Pokies are semi-social, do you leave the dad in there with them too? I mean, assuming she doesn't eat him? How do you remove the young'ns from the container, without stoking mom's wrath? More to the point, what is your capture method for slings?

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I may do that with regalis, wait, you leave them until they emerge?? That has gotta be a huge chore getting them out of the enclosure!! With the way my tanks are with real wood and backdrops I would never get them all out Ana!!!
Now THAT would be a video to see. Rob at the Pokie corral. Giddyup little pokies!

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Since Pokies are semi-social, do you leave the dad in there with them too?
sure why not, you can do that
I mean, assuming she doesn't eat him?
Ah that is a possibility
How do you remove the young'ns from the container, without stoking mom's wrath? More to the point, what is your capture method for slings?
all depend on individual case and they all different,
many that I let hatched with mother often stay with mothers for long time
other less communal species get separated with some time(when I have time)
and get captured one by one, that way I can do that at my own pace
This year I hatched 3 P subfusca sac's with in month from each other
first got separated two other all still with moms and they will stay with moms till they sold or grow out of room

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats Ana!!! Well, I hate Pokes as moms!!! haha Always had bad luck with their sacs :( But it's surely something I do wrong lol

Best luck with those, great to see them produced in captivity!!! :clap: Keep the breeding competitions!! it's healthy for the hobby :razz:

I agree with you Chris, Lampropelma are great moms!! heheh

Cheers,
Pato
Thank you Pato,
I know nothing about Lampropelma even so thanks to Chris I even have some now,
but I have poecs all over my house some even free ranged {D
we only good at what we good at ;)

blooms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I mean in a community set up with multiple adults and 100 babies how specifically do you isolate just one without countless others getting out? Thanks Anastasia.

blackcadillac70

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i'll throw my hat in the ring on the tigrinawesseli breeding had mine paired for a while. congrats ana...

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, Ana....I take one little vacation and something AWESOME like this breaks! You are SOOOOO GOOOOD with everything you breed but Poecilotheria have to be your specialty. You've certainly got eight thumbs when it comes to pokies. Big time congratulations. I have a tigrinaweselli (or however you spell it) that I just paired up as well but you can count me out of the competition. If I ever get a high rent Poecilotheria to lay a sac I'll drop dead before I get a chance to post it. I'm with Robc, please keep posting pictures of the little ones. I've only seen your female once and she was hiding. ;P Diane

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Steve Angeli has 'em for sale at $125 each. I think they're worth more than that, but....

Last edited:

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I mean in a community set up with multiple adults and 100 babies how specifically do you isolate just one without countless others getting out? Thanks Anastasia.
I have a technique, all come with time and practice to work with certain species, the key is KNOW your tarantulas, know what to expect
so to answer your question I say again, I collect them one by one and when I need it and at my own pace
one thing I say there is no traps or anything special, just capture what I need whatever its an adult or a spiderling
Your welcome,
Anastasia

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Steve Angeli has 'em for sale at $125 each. I think they're worth more than that, but....
Thank you for advertising that in my thread, do you get a sales commissions ;)
sure you always get what you paid for, and never know what you could get specially when comes to little animals
I got burn few times, latest one got 6 G pulchra spiderlings little over then a year ago, they grow up to be something 2,5" golden/pink Am not even sure what the heck they are, but NOT G. pulchra that I paid for
those also came on import, there you go ;)

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, Ana....I take one little vacation and something AWESOME like this breaks! You are SOOOOO GOOOOD with everything you breed but Poecilotheria have to be your specialty. You've certainly got eight thumbs when it comes to pokies. Big time congratulations. I have a tigrinaweselli (or however you spell it) that I just paired up as well but you can count me out of the competition. If I ever get a high rent Poecilotheria to lay a sac I'll drop dead before I get a chance to post it. I'm with Robc, please keep posting pictures of the little ones. I've only seen your female once and she was hiding. ;P Diane
My Dear friend Di,
I hope your vacation was wonderful and memorable, is well is for Don, hope he will mount that trophy shark jaws sum good place in the dinning room, hehe
and about Poecilotheria, I have not even a doubt you very much could beat everyone to come up with Tigris slings :D
dont ever under estimate yourself ;)