Poecilotheria regalis Male Growth Rates?

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Hey All,

Question for you. How much time has it taken your male P. regalis to mature and what size were they when they did? I have a P. regalis that I purchased in November of 2001. It was 1 3/4 inches when I bought it. Yesterday, it molted out mature. It's size is a little bit over 6 inches. That's approximate, but pretty close. I doubt it makes the 6 1/4 inch mark.

Scott

savian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have heard that the males due mature small. They can mature 6 to 9 inches, but that is what I have heard.:D ;) :)

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Scott-

The only mature male P. regalis I've seen was at the ATS conference a couple of years ago, and I was struck by how different it looked. Any chance of you posting a pic?

Wade

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
I'll do my best. He's kinda flighty and always runs into his hide when I even breathe on his enclosure.

Scott

Garrick

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've seen P. regalis males mature VERY quickly and at about 4". One I had got killed by his sisters a couple days after maturation. I understand the same thing happened with another individual's male living in a communal setting. Another "small boy" I saw at a friend's was unsuccessful at impregnating a medium-sized female (about 6 1/2" legspan).

-Garrick

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
And here I thought that 6" was small. Shows how much I have to learn :)

Scott