Poecilotheria regalis first successful molt in my care.

Ceymann

Arachnoknight
Got this guy/ girl a few weeks ago, just had its first successful molt in my care, wow talk about a jump in size ! I have been keeping a big bowl of water in the closet I keep my T's in currently until I build my climate controlled case as I have a G. pulchripes that's in premolt and humidity is a worry of mine, but this old worlds successful molt confirms me thinking I have enough humidity for the G. pulchripes to have a successful molt as well.
Just went to water my T's tonight after work and noticed the molt shell in my P. regalis AMAC enclosure. Pretty spider, waiting a few days before I offer it a gut loaded cricket or two
Just thought I would share.

Ceymann

Arachnoknight
Ate a cricket on Monday that I had been gut loading/ giving a variety of protein dense, moisture rich foods for a few days, looking nice plump and healthy now, Im amazed at the size difference post molt. I think after one more molt I might rehouse, Im thinking maybe a 1 gallon jug like how jon3800 keeps alot of his juvie pokies. I really like Robs, 5-10 gallon vertical pokie setups with the acrylic door/ vent hole setup, and will probably house it in one of those once it reaches adulthood.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ate a cricket on Monday that I had been gut loading/ giving a variety of protein dense, moisture rich foods for a few days, looking nice plump and healthy now, Im amazed at the size difference post molt. I think after one more molt I might rehouse, Im thinking maybe a 1 gallon jug like how jon3800 keeps alot of his juvie pokies. I really like Robs, 5-10 gallon vertical pokie setups with the acrylic door/ vent hole setup, and will probably house it in one of those once it reaches adulthood.

In no time you'll have a monster exuvium like this lying around.
20160822_232856.jpg
(Next to 10" hemostats)

mistertim

Arachnobaron
Yeah I've heard that P. regalis grow fast. I just got my 1" regalis sling yesterday so I can't wait till it starts eating and growing!