Poecilotheria regalis breeding question

fatich

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Female molted last in june(2010) , male is already ready for breeding.
Here is the question, if l breed them ,will l risk the eggsac?
it will be better to wait for female's molting?

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You could always try, it will at least make her molt faster...you may even get a sac...I say go ahead!

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Be careful, I just put in my male that I raised from a sling with my 5" freshly molted female, and she ate him without hesitation:evil:

Be prepared to rescue him. Regalis females if not interested, will eat the male in a heartbeat, just ask my poor Hadji!!

Good luck just the same. If I were you, I'd give it a shot. Thats what males are intended for.

PIG-

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Be careful, I just put in my male that I raised from a sling with my 5" freshly molted female, and she ate him without hesitation:evil:

Be prepared to rescue him. Regalis females if not interested, will eat the male in a heartbeat, just ask my poor Hadji!!
Ditto!!!

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Feeding the female a bit extra prior to introducing the male gives him a better chance of making it out alive.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Feeding the female a bit extra prior to introducing the male gives him a better chance of making it out alive.
That it does, but if she ius not interesyed she will eat him to....my femalwas was heavily fed before and well the pic above explains it....LOL!! However she did lay a sac with another pairing, she must be picky!!{D

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I say go ahead, but feed the female heavy before introducing the male. Maybe you could shark tank them! It would give the male more room to get away.

I nearly lost my poecilotheria metallica male 2 weeks ago, but got him out in time. I will shark tank them next time.

Last edited:

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I fed that MURDERER till she was bloated, it did not help, she was on him like white on rice, like hairs on a bear. She just was not ready to breed.

PIG-

fatich

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thank you for your suggestions,the female is well fed... Maybe ,at first l should try shark tank and than l can let him go.

fatich

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
We put male (in a shark tank) into female's enclosure, none of them shows reaction to each other, l mean there is no drumming ,he has been in female's enclosure for 2 days,temperature is around 21-22 degree.

l think the temperature is the main problem in here,right?

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

How would you rescue the male? ... try to separate them with long forceps or something?

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
How would you rescue the male? ... try to separate them with long forceps or something?
Exactly, I have been able to rescue a few males, even after having legs trapped in the fangs of females. But if the body is punctured, don't risk ur gal, and let her have him.

PIG-