Poecilotheria regalis breeding attempt

fatich

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
[YOUTUBE]MURznjG4mL8[/YOUTUBE]

Female

Male

Yesterday we tried it for the first time,as you see in the video there's nothing happened.Before we release male in her enclosure,he was in shark tank nearly 2 weeks,but as we observed when he was shark tanked there were no drummings,and also female has no reaction to him. But as soon as we released male into her enclosure,he started to drumming and and female approached to him.
They cohabit now.We dont know what happened at night :)

Any suggestions,why couldnt they mate when they first met?

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
nice clear video there. I'd suggest the issue was the male couldnt get underneath the female but the fact he moved away without getting attacked is a good sign she's up for it.

bamato

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I had a male co-hab'ing with a female for about six months a little ways back. Went surprisingly well... until she ate him. And alas, she never produced a sac. Keeping my fingers crossed for you :)

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Do you know how old the Mature Male is? The part I noticed was the MM couldn't hardly get a grip on the glass side? Every MM I have had superb grip. Wondering if maybe he is getting up there in age... Thinking maybe he wasn't in the perfect position and just wasn't in the mood to dive in. I find pairing poecs are usually not successful until you cohab them and let them do their thing in private on their own schedule.

fatich

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
MM matured 6 months ago I think but not sure,yes he can not grip on the glass well but he can grip on strafoam easily, now we cohab them,lets see what will happen, hope we can get an eggsac.
Thank you Bamato for your wish ;)

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
MM matured 6 months ago I think but not sure,yes he can not grip on the glass well but he can grip on strafoam easily, now we cohab them,lets see what will happen, hope we can get an eggsac.
Thank you Bamato for your wish ;)
He is pretty close to a Senior Citizen, but he should be able to still get the job done. Definitely cohab worthy!

Good Luck!

On a side note... Get the MM regalis his AARP card! The discounts on old people junk will make him less irritable! :D

fatich

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
He is pretty close to a Senior Citizen, but he should be able to still get the job done. Definitely cohab worthy!

Good Luck!

On a side note... Get the MM regalis his AARP card! The discounts on old people junk will make him less irritable! :D
My friend has a male, if this male can not do it, second one will do it :D

fatich

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Update: Male was eaten last night,we dont know any inserting happened.

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Considering his age I think she's attacked him, they often do this to old males, strongest survives and all that!
I'd put the fresh male in and watch her reaction. If she's aggressive towards him its likely she's already mated so you should remove him. Over the next month or 2 you should increase the feeding.

fatich

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Considering his age I think she's attacked him, they often do this to old males, strongest survives and all that!
I'd put the fresh male in and watch her reaction. If she's aggressive towards him its likely she's already mated so you should remove him. Over the next month or 2 you should increase the feeding.
Other males need 2-3 molts to be mature,in that process we will see wheter she will do eggsac or not, if she doesnt,we will try other males.
its time to feed her well.