Poecilotheria ornata

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Since we're on a Poecy trend... I took these tonight of a 6.5" subadult (what I'm thinking is a female). I did not alter the colors - the purple-pink just really popped out with the flash!

Attachments

Hamadryad

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey Cool !!!!!!!!

Hey Invertepet,
I just purchased a P.ornata sling from Swifts a couple of weeks ago...she is small now but I am really hoping that I can rear her to adulthood.Do you have any tips on this particular poke as far as her temp/humidity ect...??? my sling sometimes perchs on the side of her deli cup but more often she is seeming to be burrowing into the substrate and has put down a small amount of web...she sure is hard to find sometimes in there!!!
The Spider Hunter

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
SH,

They can be housed mainly as other Poecilotheriae... Around 80% median humidity and temps varying between high 70's and upper 80's. They may produce a webbed retreat, or may linger around a curved piece of cork bark.

Juveniles are actually pretty prone to burrowing as you describe. It's generally something they 'grow' out of and they take more to the sides of the container and/or other stuff.

bill