Poecilotheria metallica sling

paterlini

Arachnopeon
Hi guys, I found 1 guy, who ends with this hobby and sells 3rd instar slings for only 37 Euros (about $50). I've already done some research for this seller, but nobody knows this guy.
Can you please post some pictures of 3rd instar slings? I've already googled and found some pics, but I want to be sure, that I'll buy P. metallica, not other T.

I have already:
P. smithi 3rd instar and P. ornata 1st instar, so I'm aware of pokies' speed and aggression.

Thank you.

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Who is selling these?
From what country?
How is he asking for payment?

paterlini

Arachnopeon
It's Mr. Stagl from Brno, Czech Republic. I don't think, that he's some big seller or so.
I live near borders, so I'm coming this w'kend for them.
If won't feel, that the slings are P. metallica, I won't take them. I'll stay at my friend's apartment and go for some good Czech beers with slings of without.
I'll pay cash, of course...

Last edited:

ornamentalist

Arachnoknight
my little female (december)

this is one of my 4th instar females from hamm in december. 3rd dont look marginally different. hope this helps :)

Attachments

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I really hope for your sake that this picture is really bad, because looking at it saya..not metallica, sorry. If there is no blue colour, then you dont have a p metallica.

paterlini

Arachnopeon
Thomas: I tried to take a picture of this T couple of times. But this is the best one. It's so fast... The T is mostly brown with a very light blue hue. It can still be miranda...

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
I really hope for your sake that this picture is really bad, because looking at it saya..not metallica, sorry. If there is no blue colour, then you dont have a p metallica.
I agree that the picture doesn't look very P metallica-like, but with slings the blue will only be visible in certain lighting or they can look black like that in poor lighting. If he sees blue hues while looking at it with the naked eye, then I'd say theres a good chance its a metallica.
As far as miranda, I would say it's not.

ornamentalist

Arachnoknight
thats a gooty alright! They dont get their blue until around 4th. Look at my pic above, she wasnt anything like that when we got her. Was identical to yours. The only other spider is a miranda with that carapace, but they have white bands that are long and span a larger section of the legs between 2 leg segments. Look at pics you wil know what i mean. Its a gooty mate

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------

give it a month, yours will look like mine above :) enjoy the t!

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/TGVIP7Xi2Ws/0.jpg thats a miranda sling, look at the white on the legs

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
ROFL I'm sorry but I had to laugh at this p.metallica are not blue until 3rd and 4th instar and its still only slight hues at 3rd instar... a 1" sling will not look blue it will look exactly like that picture. So whoever told you that at size if its not blue its not a p.metallica I mean look at it. That is without a doubt a Gooty. That carapase is unmistakable like said above Tue only other is a Miranda and that also is not a Miranda. But anyway no a 1" metallica will not be blue and has a chance of not even having blue hue.

paterlini

Arachnopeon
ornamentalist: hope it is P. metallica. If it isn't,what could it be? :evil:

Last edited:

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
Mate no worries that's a p.met. no worries the only other carapase pattern like that is a Miranda like stated before and that is no Miranda.

paterlini

Arachnopeon
I just wanted to be sure, that I bought P. metallica (gooty).
I'm quite new in this hobby that's why I have such elementary questions.
Thank you for your replies and being so helpful.

ornamentalist

Arachnoknight
ornamentalist: hope it is P. metallica. If it isn't,what could it be? :evil:
nothin else thats been discovered, keep it humid, dont let the substrate become too dry, they can be buggers for wet moults, at that size be careful not to feed it crickets that are too big (4th are what i use for slings that small) its a fiddly job, too big a cricket could give a sling a crippling kick when it grasps it (some people pull the jumping legs off but i dont condone that in any way, its up to you) also, if this is your first pokie sling, they moult, sort of vertically, so dont presume its dead if its stood upright not moving. oh yeah, and dont get tagged by it! most gooty slings are very defensive and fast when they reach 5th! hope you got a female there! good luck with your new little friend :D
any other info you need, pm me and i will help as best i can

paterlini

Arachnopeon
I bought P. ornata L1 and smithi L3-4 a week before gooty/metallica, so I'm starting with pokies.

smithi is really fast and defensive. hardly can see it. it made a small burrow between 2 pieces of pine bark.

gooty is very shy and hasn't eaten since I have it. Previous owner fed it a week ago, so I'll try to feed it later this week.

ornata is only L1 sling and it's very shy, too.

I'll post some pictures, when I'll find some good plastic box for the ornata.

Thanks for the care sheet.
btw, I do pull the jumping legs off, too...since crickets very ofter jumped off my enclosures

Last edited: