Poecilotheria metallica breeding

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well I finally pulled the trigger on breeding my P. metallica. This is my first attempt and I went with trying to breed one of my girls in her home, which is Enclosure Creations #15. I wanted to see if the size of the enclosure makes any difference in the matter.

I was always a beleiver in that mating occurs best in the females domain. Thats just my opinion. So I did not try any shark tank methods. Just tossed him in.

My female has always liked one spot in the enclosure and when I saw her there, I introduced male. I call him "Pinky" He is very defensive and never hesitates to withdraw his fangs. So I was really nervous. Got him in and this is what happened...

[YOUTUBE]BmstCLnv7mY[/YOUTUBE]

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
Awsome vid man! I call the first slings ;) (that is if it was an insertion, and everything goes accordingly) Hope everything works out for ya!

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah hoping for the best. I still have another set to try.

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats Steve! Hope all goes well..
Thanks..Never bred an arboreal let alone one with no mating hooks so its all new to me. Hopefully he dropped a load. She (female) sure looked like she may have gotten satisfied.
She enclosed herself in her tube hide and webbed the entrance shut.

fatich

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good luck,hope you can get healthy spiderlings ;)

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks..Never bred an arboreal let alone one with no mating hooks so its all new to me. Hopefully he dropped a load. She (female) sure looked like she may have gotten satisfied.
She enclosed herself in her tube hide and webbed the entrance shut.
It look like he got one in her.. I have only bred the A. avicularia.. Well, they are the only one I have had a sucessful sac from so far.. The way she walked off is the way my A. avic. looked when he got an insert.. So.. At this point.. All I can say is good luck! LoL!

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
She still locks herself in her domain. Occasionally she comes out but so far she stopped eating. I have not been snooping on her lately due to other projects.
But nothing yet.

Kungfujoe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah awesome vid and what are your plans to make the female drop? I have red many threads on here about getting them to drop but update us when it happens.

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Yeah awesome vid and what are your plans to make the female drop? I have red many threads on here about getting them to drop but update us when it happens.
Check the dates. I believe this female was up for sale recently. ;)