Poecilotheria Identification

toncek12

Arachnopeon
This is not P.regalis, can you tell me that this is Poecilotheria?

Thanks a lot!

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
I would say fasciata, because of the purple but that's just me most pokies resemble eachother anyway. Like formosa fasciata striata regalis

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Need a ventral pic to really tell :) But looks like a formosa to me.
You're right on the ventral shots but this is definitely not a formosa. Formosa doesn't have any yellow on it whatsoever. It's an all white, black, and grey spider. :)

Edit:
(and a little purple and brown, but no yellow) :p My guess would be P. fasciata.

Last edited:

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I seem to remember a pretty good post that helps ID this genus by their leg markings. I'm on my phone or I'd try dig it up. If I am recalling correctly it was pretty informative.

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would say fasciata, because of the purple but that's just me most pokies resemble eachother anyway. Like formosa fasciata striata regalis
in the dark all cats are black, so not really
Only for folks who are new to Poecilotheria they look the same, but there is so much difference

toncek12

Arachnopeon
some pictures from above... I do not know very well speak English and write some words incorrectly, do not be angry :eek:

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
P. regalis it is ;)

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

You're right on the ventral shots but this is definitely not a formosa. Formosa doesn't have any yellow on it whatsoever. It's an all white, black, and grey spider. :)

Edit:
(and a little purple and brown, but no yellow) :p My guess would be P. fasciata.
Jason, cant be P fasciata, look at carapace pattern

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
P. regalis it is ;)

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Jason, cant be P fasciata, look at carapace pattern
Easy to say once the ventral shot was posted... :p

To be honest, I only took a quick glance at the spider. As I said, it was only a guess.

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
in the dark all cats are black, so not really
Only for folks who are new to Poecilotheria they look the same, but there is so much difference
My fasciata looks remarkably like my regalis just a bit more defined in color. And longer legs. But yes I do agree entirely. I am somewhat new to pokies but i do have 3 p.ornata 2 p.regalis 1 p.fasciata 4 p.Subfusca and a male p.metallica so I have never seen in person all of them I can't tell much a difference through pics.

But that's definitely a regalis =p tan band dead give away.