Poecilotheria - How are they these days?

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi everyone. I've been away almost ten years. I sold all of my tarantulas except my G. pulchra which is still doing fine. Now I'm thinking I want to get back into the hobby! If you don't count my pulchra, Poecilotherias have always been my favourites.

How are the prices these days? Has there been any discovered new species (in ten years time)? My favourite species are metallica, regalis and subfusca.

Thanks.

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
IMO Pokies are very reasonably priced, and there is a lot of selection out there from some good sellers.

cold blood

Staff member
I don't think anything new has been interjected into the hobby, but there have been a few name changes, such as pederseni is now vitatta. But the truth is that pokies have been breeding in captivity well, and they are more available and at better prices than ever. I can't speak directly to your market, but they are priced average to low here, and prices over seas are usually much better than ours here.

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Welcome back! P. metallica is the last major new pokie species to arrive. So you haven't missed much. But have you heard of Pterinopelma sazimai? Pretty cool.

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
Hi everyone. I've been away almost ten years. I sold all of my tarantulas except my G. pulchra which is still doing fine. Now I'm thinking I want to get back into the hobby! If you don't count my pulchra, Poecilotherias have always been my favourites.

How are the prices these days? Has there been any discovered new species (in ten years time)? My favourite species are metallica, regalis and subfusca.

Thanks.
A few years ago I believe there was a discovery of Poecilotheria rajaei which I don't believe is available in the hobby:/ as far as prices, they aren't bad. I have 3 poecs (one of them is a metallica) and they didn't break the bank at all