plz help me sex Heterometrus

Charlie69

Arachnosquire
Tried looking at pictures online. But difficult when I don't have anything to compare to. Anyone confident to say if pedipalps are male or female? Thx.

Attachments

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
I'm going to say male on this one.... few others can ID but would need a clear picture if it's under side. And a better picture of the pedipalp do they have the big notch on the bottom thumb or is it a bit flatter

Nightrainfalls

Arachnopeon
I am new to scorps but i have been researching this genus with an interest in starting a breeding program. I do not belive this species is one of the species with sexually dimorphic pedipalps (H longimanus has a red telson and lobiform manus, this has a black telson and rounded manus). I think this is H. Petersi. You need to get a clear container, and take a picture of the animals underbelly. We need to see the pectines and the genital operculum to be sure. In females the pectines are shorter, so are the pectinal fingers. In females the genital operculum is heart shaped, in males it is ovoid. Someone can correct me if i am wrong.

Charlie69

Arachnosquire
Yes, indeed a petersii. Sorry I thought I wrote that in description. If there's no other way, I will put him in a container and photograph after work tomorrow. Thx