Pls help stuck in molt

JoanneMorgan35

Arachnopeon
Omg I need help asap this has never happened to me b4 I checked my communal of Monocentrapus Balfour 2 molted 2 weeks ago so I was kind of expecting the rest to follow suit somite been checking them twice a day. I've just noticed my OBT had just molted so I checked while I was there they are only small I noticed a molt and as I went to grab it the spider came with it and a leg came off at this time I don't know why i was very careful as there still slings. It was fully out of the molt apart from three legs on one side it was one of these that came off when I grabbed it. I very carefully took the spider out and into a small container with damp tissue in I dropped water on the molt and where the legs were stuck and very gently used a new makeup brush that was wet and basically stroked the hardened molt from the legs. So it's finally out of the molt and now I'm close to tears as it's 2 legs look like it's been squashed by a vice and one is sticking up at a mad angle there totally ruined it's made me feel sick. But now what? Do I remove the legs or do I make wait a a few days or weeks then do it I don't want it to suffer anymore than it has done all ready it's been picked up twice pinned down had a leg ripped off and had 2 other legs been crushed in its hardened molt and its now in quarantine I mean now what do I do do I add to it by removing the 2 crushed legs now or make it wait in pain then do it? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME ASAP I DONT CARE IF YOUS GIVE ME A LOAD OF <edit> ALL THAT MATTERS IS I HELP MRS BROWN PLEASE HELP THANKS

Last edited by a moderator:

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
If its completely out of its molt there's not a lot else to do. It's young, it will grow those legs back.

I'm a bit confused, did you not see the spider wasn't out of its molt before you went to remove it? Definitely don't start messing with it anymore. Make sure they have water.

Also, put it back in its enclosure. It's only going to be stressed being in "quarantine". It won't help. Would much prefer to be in his burrow

emartinm28

Arachnoknight
As long as there is no active bleeding the spider will be fine. It will remove the injured legs itself if it feels it needs to do so. Quarantine is not necessary, only makes it more stressful for the spider. In the future don’t mess with a molting spider, but I wager you’ve already learned that lesson the hard way by now. In a couple molts the legs should be fully restored.

JoanneMorgan35

Arachnopeon
If its completely out of its molt there's not a lot else to do. It's young, it will grow those legs back.

I'm a bit confused, did you not see the spider wasn't out of its molt before you went to remove it? Definitely don't start messing with it anymore. Make sure they have water.
No it was hanging out of its hide the molt it looked like a full molt it was a good few hours old and stiff ect and as I grabbed it the spider came with it one of its legs was still stuck in it but removed from the spider at the joint and 2 other legs on the same side was half out but stuck solid around them, I managed to gently get them free but they now look like someone's crushed them in a vice and one leg is in a <edit> position. Should I just do what u suggest and leave it with its legs like that will it just drop them it's self I had another one do that and they came back next molt thanks for replying I'll try and get u some pics but I'm reluctant to open the lid again so I might not be able to pls I'm worried

As long as there is no active bleeding the spider will be fine. It will remove the injured legs itself if it feels it needs to do so. Quarantine is not necessary, only makes it more stressful for the spider. In the future don’t mess with a molting spider, but I wager you’ve already learned that lesson the hard way by now. In a couple molts the legs should be fully restored.
no there was a couple of spots of blood it's one of the reasons I knew it was in trouble mate I don't think I'm being clear I never caused this the molt had hardened around it I noticed the blood first it's not bleeding now I'll just put it back in with the others then and just keep an eye out I have 17 Ts and 2 jumpers at the mo but have had more in the past the most I've ever had at 1 time is 28 but I still consider my self a beginner well no not beginner but definitely not an expert and yes I have learned lessons due to this thanks for replying I also don't handle mine I have done when I've needed to I'm not scared or out like that but I don't like stressing them out I'm and going to put that back in with the other Mbs now thanks mate

Marlana

Arachnoknight
It’s legs hardened in a weird position because they were stuck but it’s not in any pain. It will drop the legs if it feels the need.

I’d keep it in a small enclosure by itself so I can monitor that it’s getting enough food and water. It’s going to be limited in mobility until it regrows those limbs. I’m not sure a communal is the best place for it right now. But that’s just me.

JoanneMorgan35

Arachnopeon
It’s legs hardened in a weird position because they were stuck but it’s not in any pain. It will drop the legs if it feels the need.

I’d keep it in a small enclosure by itself so I can monitor that it’s getting enough food and water. It’s going to be limited in mobility until it regrows those limbs. I’m not sure a communal is the best place for it right now. But that’s just me.
Omg I wish u had replied b4 <edit> gave me crap about keeping it on its own, I wanted to keep it on its own so I could check on it as it's in a communal and they all look the same, and yes it dropped both legs straight away I just wasn't sure on how they feel pain ect and this has never happened b4 and I did the best I could I managed to get the other 2 free but they were crushed. So now I've put it back I knew I shouldn't of listened to him but now what do I just leave it were it is in the communal where I'll probably never see it again there still slings between 1 and 2 inch at a push or do I get it out. That guy gave me crap for not leaving it in the molt and letting it's self get it out but I've got eyes it was in trouble 100% and the molt was a good few hours old I know molts Jesus I have 17 Ts at the mo and 2 jumpers, and I've probably bought and brought up to size and sold about 30 more so I kind of know what I'm doing but this has never happened b4 and it doesn't matter how much research u do it's about hands on experience and like I explained to that guy in was just unsure not what to do and there old world so I don't like messing about with them to much hahah 😂😂 thanks for replying I should of had more confidence in myself but this was a first for me cheers Hun x

emartinm28

Arachnoknight
Omg I wish u had replied b4 <edit> gave me crap about keeping it on its own, I wanted to keep it on its own so I could check on it as it's in a communal and they all look the same, and yes it dropped both legs straight away I just wasn't sure on how they feel pain ect and this has never happened b4 and I did the best I could I managed to get the other 2 free but they were crushed. So now I've put it back I knew I shouldn't of listened to him but now what do I just leave it were it is in the communal where I'll probably never see it again there still slings between 1 and 2 inch at a push or do I get it out. That guy gave me crap for not leaving it in the molt and letting it's self get it out but I've got eyes it was in trouble 100% and the molt was a good few hours old I know molts Jesus I have 17 Ts at the mo and 2 jumpers, and I've probably bought and brought up to size and sold about 30 more so I kind of know what I'm doing but this has never happened b4 and it doesn't matter how much research u do it's about hands on experience and like I explained to that guy in was just unsure not what to do and there old world so I don't like messing about with them to much hahah 😂😂 thanks for replying I should of had more confidence in myself but this was a first for me cheers Hun x
Assuming <edit> here and just wanted to address that your exact words were “I noticed a molt and as I went to grab it the spider came with it and a leg came off”. There’s no way I can glean anything about having noticed the spider was stuck/injured first from reading this. Also, it was exceptionally difficult to tell which spider you were referring to, I thought you meant your OBT, in which case yes, I would stand by what I said about not keeping it in quarantine. However, for one of the M. balfouri in your communal being injured, yes, you should separate it (you should separate all in my opinion.) In the future, please ask for clarification rather than leaping to conclusions. It’s rude.

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
Assuming <edit> here and just wanted to address that your exact words were “I noticed a molt and as I went to grab it the spider came with it and a leg came off”. There’s no way I can glean anything about having noticed the spider was stuck/injured first from reading this. Also, it was exceptionally difficult to tell which spider you were referring to, I thought you meant your OBT, in which case yes, I would stand by what I said about not keeping it in quarantine. However, for one of the M. balfouri in your communal being injured, yes, you should separate it (you should separate all in my opinion.) In the future, please ask for clarification rather than leaping to conclusions. It’s rude.
I actually thought you were talking about your OBT as well, not the M. Balfori. Also thought by quarantine you meant the classic "ICU" people like to use for sick/injured spiders that do nothing for them.
I agree, it's rude to cry out for help on a forum then when people give their opinion diss them.