pls..!can anyone I.D a new centipede and how old this big fat centipede is.? many pic inside..!!

bulugan28

Arachnopeon
can you "guestimate" how old she is and what is her I.D..?:eek:

she is about 8"+ long..:?:?

EMWhite

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi!
Age is hard to tell for sure, but I'd guess about 2 years. She is what's called (more commonly than other names I suppose) a "Malaysian Giant." Scolopendra subspinipes sp. She's a nice looking pede, keep her cooler (in the low to mid 70's) and you'll be good to go. :)

Evan

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Scolopendra subpinipes dehanni, and of course it has more than 2 years... you provablivy has a old pede... (at least 4-5 years minimum)

Cheers
Carles

bulugan28

Arachnopeon
thank master...!!!

do you know how long her life span at this size...?

androctonus_bic..?
ASN1234...?

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i would guess BARE minimum three years. probably more like 6-10. could be a bit less with tropical species like that

bulugan28

Arachnopeon
wow

thank you dude...my problem was solved because of you guys ...thank you very much...

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
IMO; to make this kind of "guessings" can create a false spectative of life (more or less time than we think)... So I prefer not to play:eek:

Cheers
Carles

bulugan28

Arachnopeon
hi Elytra and Antenna

no bro..i'm just asking...that do you think my centipede can live for about 3 or more years from now at this size?:?:?:?:?

they guestimate my centipede is about 2 to 3 years old..?

Last edited:

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
Caco wrote his response in such a way that it sounds like your animal has another 6-10 years to live. I'm thinking he meant total, in which case your's may have a couple left. I'd be surprised if it lived more than two. 10 total is on the generous side, 10 after maturity is bigfoot certain. I was looking for a response from him as only he'd know what he meant.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
can you "guestimate" how old she is and what is her I.D..?:eek:
i would guess BARE minimum three years. probably more like 6-10. could be a bit less with tropical species like that
Caco wrote his response in such a way that it sounds like your animal has another 6-10 years to live. I'm thinking he meant total, in which case your's may have a couple left. I'd be surprised if it lived more than two. 10 total is on the generous side, 10 after maturity is bigfoot certain. I was looking for a response from him as only he'd know what he meant.
i've said it before and i'll say it again. you are no so good with reading the english

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
the post i answered was the OP
i can't help it if he underposted while i had the reply window open, though that is some bad luck that he asked another time question

if i am so sloppy you should maybe take me out of your sig?

bulugan28

Arachnopeon
???????

are you fighting..? :eek::eek::eek::confused::confused:

maybe my English was wrong i am sorry...because i'm from thailand and im'm not good at english...:(:(

please do not fight if you are fighting...:worship::worship::(:(

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
*your* english is fine bulu

orin just has an unnatural love/hate relationship with me.