Plesiophrictus guangxiensis (chilobrachy?)

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
why is this species being sold as Chilobrachys sp.guangxiensis when its still in the genus Plesiophrictus according to the world spider catalog?will it be transfered into Chilobrachys soon?it looks very similiar to alot of the other Chilos present in the hobby but whether it is or not i couldnt tell ya :]
anyone have this paper?

mf guangxiensis Yin & Tan, 2000....................China
P. g. Chen, Feng & Qu, 2004: 665, f. 12-14 (m).

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
why is this species being sold as Chilobrachys sp.guangxiensis when its still in the genus Plesiophrictus according to the world spider catalog?will it be transfered into Chilobrachys soon?it looks very similiar to alot of the other Chilos present in the hobby but whether it is or not i couldnt tell ya :]
anyone have this paper?

mf guangxiensis Yin & Tan, 2000....................China
P. g. Chen, Feng & Qu, 2004: 665, f. 12-14 (m).
Adult specimens of Plesiophrictus have a divided tarsus scopula. P. guangxiensis however has an undivided tarsus scopula as adult. the specimen described was a juvenile..... that explains the divided scopula in the description.

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
But it doesn't explain how they could overlook the lyra? (Only found in Selenocosmiinae - not in Ischnocoliinae).

Søren

Adult specimens of Plesiophrictus have a divided tarsus scopula. P. guangxiensis however has an undivided tarsus scopula as adult. the specimen described was a juvenile..... that explains the divided scopula in the description.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
haha thanks for the replys guys.i will keep this labeled as Chilobrachys sp.guangxiensis.
thanks
-chris